“Location, Location, Location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #239 of 479 Hotels in New York City
Sydney, Australia
“Location, Location, Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights with friends - altogether 3 rooms. Check-in was smooth and staff friendly & courteous. Tiny property but it oozes cool. Very handy location to Times Square (just around the corner from the Swatch shop). As the name depicts, the whole place is dark. This did not bother us. Comfy beds. The place got a bit crowded at night. Bar/restaurant on premises must have drawn them in. Tried Red Moon, and liked their food. Affordable but not budget. A shoutout to the great people that holds the place together: Barry, Simon, Patrick and Mimi. Thanks for welcoming us and for handing out great service!

It is true, you get a Kama Sutra book (not the graphic kind, mind you), in lieu of a bible.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank lesorlem
Peter K, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear lesorlem,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at Night Hotel.
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time while staying with us. I will make sure to relay your comments to out staff especially to Barry, Simon, Patrick and Mimi.
If you need to make a reservation at Night in the future, please don't hesitate to e-mail me directly at pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com

Front Office Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

It was my first trip to NYC and the night hotel was a perfect place to stay. It was located literally a half a block away from Times Square, the hotel is gothic, sensual and swanky, the color theme is perfect, white, grey and black. My hotel room was small but it had everything you needed, there was a window but no view since the hotel is located between two buildings. The bed was amazing! I've never slept in anything so comfortable, the housekeeper was so sweet. Every day someone came and left a sheet of paper with the weather and several chocolates, the front desk was very friendly as was the door man. I arrived about 3 hours early from my check in time, they stowed away my luggage and told me they would call me if my room becomes ready prior to 3. I went and walked around Times Square, got some coffee then returned around 2 and they had my room ready! I thought it was great how they kept my luggage for me so I didn't have to lug it around on the streets :) needless to say, the night hotel will definitely be my go-to place next time I visit NYC. Also I booked my stay through the actual hotel website and not a third party website and I actually paid less than what the other sites were offering!!! They were having a special during the time I booked the hotel that if you stayed more than 3 nights it was 30% off, so my 4 night stay came out to $650 dollars! You can't beat that anywhere!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank claudia v
Peter K, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear claudia v,

Thank you for your constructive feedback about your stay with us. I’m glad that you enjoyed the room and the service provided by our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Very stylish, perfect location right near Times Square , all of the staff were very helpful especially Simon on the door, rooms have everything you need apart from it would have been great to make a coffee. I would recommend it to friends and would go back.

Room Tip: Room 54 was quiet
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tina T
Dear Tina T,

Thank you for your positive feedback about our location, staff and guest rooms!
Your feedback is appreciated and will be shared with our staff.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We were very well looked after at the Night. The ambience and decor of the rooms is actually very sexy! I loved my stay here. Patrick at the front desk went above and beyond to accommodate our needs which set the tone for out stay. The other bonus for the Hotel is the restaurant downstairs... food is amazing and with Lisa looked after us so well. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank eviefoster
Dear eviefoster,

We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your recent trip to Night.

It is a pleasure for us to know that we have done everything right to make your trip exceptional.

Please feel free to contact me at pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com so I may personally assist you with your next reservation.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Rooms can be bigger..and also could be nice to have the possibility at least..to be abble to do coffee into the room..That the only thing i can tell...all was perfect...i will recomend it to Friends and book on your hotel another time to stay in New York
The hotel design was enjoyable and great location also..

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank manuelamorancais
Dear manuelamorancais,

Thank you so much for posting your review.
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time at Night and you will recommend our hotel to your freinds.
To make any future reservations, please contact me directly at pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Very stylish, trendy hotel located in the heart of the Theater District. Here are the things we observed during our stay:

- fluctuating water temperatures in the shower
- weird lamps that didn't always turn on
- strange light switches that were difficult to operate
- having to obtain internet codes from the front desk every 24 hrs in order to access the internet
- thin walls that provided little sound proof
- short bed with super annoying foot board (not ideal for tall folk)
- no views

Despite all of these minor details, we enjoyed our stay! The location was great, and the price was reasonable. Who needs a view when you've got all of Manhattan at your doorstep!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank shanti m
Dear shanti m,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay. If you would like to make a reservation at our hotel in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Great location, great service. Love the dark racy decor. The room was small but clean, I liked it but hey its NY. I had a room by the EXIT door, did not like it much. But I would go again. Loved the concierge Patrick. Check in time was 3pm, but the room was not ready till 3:30, i was not angry, they kept my bags while i checked out the city and gave me a free bottle of champagne, Love em

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank gigi g
Dear gigi g,

Thank you some much for taking your time to post thereview of your recent stay at Night.
We are thrilled that you enjoyed our location, service and decor. I will relay your kind words to Patrick.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!