“Excellent Location, Excellent Price”

Night Theater District
Ranked #253 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed at the Night Hotel in November. I was attending a conference at a hotel down the street and after reading the reviews at the conference hotel, I decided to find another and TripAdvisor led me to the Night Hotel. It took me a minute to find the location but was welcomed by the staff when I entered. The check in process was quick and easy and the staff was very friendly. The restaurant / bar connected to the lobby is Red Moon. It was NYC prices however the sushi was fresh and delicious. The room is small but it is NYC. It was clean, comfy and has a unique feel due to the color scheme. I really liked the lights under the bed. The wireless internet was spotty. The room had a desk & comfortable chair that was functional for a working space. The hotel played excellent music in the hallway. The elevator was slow but nothing out of the ordinary in an NYC hotel. Time Square and many restaurants are in walking distance and I would certainly choose the Night Hotel again when traveling to NYC.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank RNDMTravel
Peter K, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Dear RNDMTravel,

Thank you for having taken the time to write your review on Night.
We are glad that you were able to enjoy the location of the hotel as well as our professional and helpful staff.
Please e-mail me directly at pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com for any future reservations.

There are newer reviews for Night Theater District

Reviewed December 19, 2012

This hotel really is a little gem. Firstly the location is ideal for those visiting NYC. It was our first time in NYC, and we couldn't have asked for a better location (literally seconds from Time Square). Don't be put off by the proximity to Time Square, the Hotel is actually very quiet and chilled (a welcome break from the carnage that is Time Square!).
There are a number of subway stations nearby (about 4 blocks away), so it is fairly easy to get to, and to visit the many sites of Manhatten. Furthermore, we felt safe walking to here at anytime day or night.
The decor of the hotel is fairly funky (possibly not to everyones taste), but we really liked it (black and white everywhere including the bathroom). The room was a good size with a large bathroom (for NY), and a separate wardrobe, it was perfect for the week we stayed there. We weren't wanting for anything, and as others have said the beds are very comfortable (just what you need after a long day walking the sites).
The two negatives I would have are that the doors to the bedrooms are very light and can occasionally rattle (only a problem if you are a very light sleeper).
Secondly the cost of drinks in the bar are fairly expensive (mind you everything around Time Square is expensive),
All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel, particularly for couples.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dr_duddle

Dear dr_duddle

Thank you in volumes for a great review! It is always nice to hear such wonderful feedback. We will make sure we share with our staff.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife went to NYC on a last-minute business trip and her travel department asked her to try Night Hotel. You can't beat the price of a room under $300 that close to Times Square and only blocks away from great Christmas shopping. After checking out the website, she was intrigued. She ended up getting the last available room and since it was a handicap accessible room with a double bed (instead of a queen), they gave her a discounted rate and a complimentary bottle of champagne - outstanding service! She thought the black and white gothic-meets-retro decor was fun. She'd never stayed in a hotel room with decorative lights under the bed! She reported that it was a great place for a business travel or couples, but thought it was a little to "out there" for families.

Room Tip: Like most hotels near Times Square, the rooms are going to be a little noisy (think street noise). A...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jason22030

Dear Jason22030,

Thank you for sharing your wife's feedback on her stay at Night.
We are thrilled she enjoyed the decor of our hotel and service we provide.
For any future reservations, please e-mail me directly at pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Stayed here 6 nights this week, and I stay at area hotels every quarter for a week. I've tried them all. Simon (concierge) arranged the car, desk staff allowed late check out, and a simple and a smile got a blush from the night managers. They should've charged me more, and I got a bargain that they didn't.
Steve R.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Gradguy78

Dear Gradguy78,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback about your stay with us! I’ll be sure to relay your comments to our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

A mere one block off Times Square. The Night was central to all the things we had planned for our weekend in the city. I prefer staying in smaller, boutique hotels and I loved the 20's-type gothy look.

Patrick (the concierge) was super helpful as was the other staff we encountered. To me, the staff and service are most important.

I would Definately stay at The Night again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Patricia H

Dear Patricia H,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. It is always nice to hear you ejoyed your stay and keep Night Hotel in mind for your future trips to NYC.
We will make sure we share your feedback with our staff.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Perfect boutique hotel if that is what you are looking for. This time of year (Christmas), is caotic in Times Square but turn the corner to the hotel and it is quiet and peaceful for NY standards. The doorman/bellman Simon is real personable and Patrick at the frot desk was extremely helpful, especially getting us an Italian place to eat before we saw the broadway show we had tickets for. It is not as gothic as the website portrays and is right in the heart of Time Square where you can walk up to Rockefeller or down to Macy's at Herald Square.
If you want a good night sleep this is the place as our room had a small window so literally no light got in. If you are over 6 feet tall, the queen bed may be a bit small. All in all, a very positive stay and a solid option.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jim w

Dear jim w,

We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your recent trip to Night.
It is a pleasure for us to know that you ejoyed you time at our hotel.
Please feel free to contact me at pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com so I may personally assist you with your next reservation.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

One of the hotels perfectly located to visit New York off TimeSquare. I certainly appreciated the black and white trendy decoration perfectly illustrated by various contributor's pictures.
The staff is very welcoming and that worked for me from arrival to departure.
Now as i often do i will list what i liked and did not like so much.
On the bright side: the decoration did it for me, It is rather dark but modern and i like dark as it feels cosy. The bedding is very good. Going to bed feels like diving in a cotton ball (maybe a bit too soft for who likes hard bedding). Very clean overall. Wifi is not too expensive ($10/day). Smokers will appreciate the patio - so much nicer than the sidewalk to indulge! Bathrobe in room, ok amenities. Many will appreciate the bar on premises. Minibar in room well filled ($5 for softdrinks if i remember well). Large flat screen and selection of cable channels (a bit of a pain that many of chargeable and not flagged as such : you keep browsing. But TV is not the purpose of a visit to NY ! ) .
There are a few things that came short for me. The room was very small. A medium size luggage hardly fit in it. The closet is small and hosts the fridge, there were no drawers and i could not unpack. The door to the corridor could provide better shiedling from corridor noises. I could hear my neighbors come and go as if they were in my room. Otherwise rooms to the back of the hotel are quiet (no traffic noise - beware of construction works across the street these days though. They run thru the night on week-ends - typical of NY ;-). The water in bathroom has regularly been more warm than hot. I seriously lacked power plugs by bedside. And finally two things i found rather not welcoming : there is a charge of $30 per stay if you use the fridge for your own items, and no coffee machine in room, even on demand (first time for me in years of travelling to NY...).
The hotel has 8 floors+penthouse. Do not expect a view, And target a high floor for some 'space outside your window'.
But do not let all that turn you down , I list to inform fellow travellers in case any of these really matter to you when making a choice.
I would say it is a good deal for a short stay in the city and at that location. Surely a trendy and welcoming place.

Room Tip: Surely the penthouse is the optimal choice. Otherwise go for a high floor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business