“The Night Hotel”

Ranked #252 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“The Night Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

What an excellent experience we had at the Night Hotel. Superbly located and literally 30 paces from time square. The staff were extremely freindly and helpful. The decor of the hotel is stunning and quirky. Unique and unlike anywhere I have stayed before.

Rooms are on the small side, but are well kitten out and are spotless. I would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel to others and would certainly stay there next time I visit NYC.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are on the small side. It is a boutique hotel and this is to be expected. It was...
1 Thank SMcNeill71
Peter K, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear SMcNeill71,

Thank you for giving us feedback on your recent stay at Night Hotel.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. We are especially happy that you appreciated our staff and uniqueness of our property.
If you are planning to come back to New York City in the future please don't hesitate to contact me at pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com and I will take care of the reservation for you.

Front Office Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Turkish first
Shotts, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

We have just arrived back from a ten night stay within this hotel and wanted to write a review ASAP!

I work within the travel indrustry and am so pleased to find a hotel which is exactly what is advertised but actually offers a lot more!

This was our fourth visit to New York and we couldn't find any faults what so ever.

We have never found staff who were as friendly but also who were interested in ensuring you had a great holiday.

Complimentery champagne to cocktails in the lounge, these little touches that the hotel offered, added to our very special holiday.

We would highly recommend this hotel to all!

3 Thank Darren W
Peter K, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Darren W,

We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your recent trip to Night.
It is a pleasure for us to know that we have done everything right to make your trip exceptional.
Please feel free to contact me at pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com so I may personally assist you with your next reservation.

Kind regards,
Grand Cayman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is my second visit to NYC, my last visit was good, but my stay was awful, so i took
my time to choose the right place, to cater my needs.
So i took alot of time to decide on NIGHT HOTEL, i booked it online.
The rooms are small and comfortable, the decor was unique.
Location, just couple of minutes from times square,good restaurants around,like
Connolly just opp to night hotel, brooklyn diners, and many-more.

Once i arrived at the hotel, i got a free upgrade, so i was happy.
Had a good sleep.started my day, met MR.SIMON at the door, asked him for restaurants
options for breakfast, he recommended me brooklyn diners, try the choc-chip french toast
yumm...,then did the usual walking around, did some shopping.
Next day, i wasnt able to connect my laptop to the internet, so came to the front-desk, there
was this girl cant remember her name ( she was skinny,very bubbly though, and super helpful)
she gave a laptop, it was very helpful.MR.PATRICK & MR.PETER Where friendly and helpful.
Overall it was a great experience, me being a hotelier i would strongly recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Joachim D
Dear Joachim D,

Thank you for the great review!
We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Night.
If there is anything I can assist you with in the future, please do not hesitate to email me directly at pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Had a week's stay and was impressed overall.

Pros: Location!!!, Room size, cleanliness, nice bar, price per night
Cons: Expensive wifi, poor concierge service,

The location of this hotel is fantastic - literally steps from the centre of times square and a couple of minutes from major theatres, shops and attractions.

The hotel itself is quirky, and has a nice lobby, with more than adequately sized rooms (especially for NYC!). No mirror apart from the bathroom one is a bit of an inconvenience. I understand the point of the decor and lighting is to create a 'night' atmosphere, however, this is utterly pointless when the lights from the TV receiver and the alarm clock radio need to be plugged out because they are so bright! Also, if you're a light sleeper, don't expect to be able to have the air conditioning turned on at night. It's about as loud as a car engine (seriously...).Rooms are clean, although housekeeping missed our room on the first night due to our 'do not disturb' button having been pressed before we arrived - we never saw/knew about this until told. Maybe a mention upon check-in might be a good idea?

Our hot water was unavailable for the main part of a day which was quite inconvenient. For the inconvenience, management gave us 2 free cocktail vouchers for the bar.

Wifi was 10 euro per day (didn't use it - there's a starbucks right next door with free wifi - why bother paying?). Should really be free of charge, considering this is the norm nowadays. Note - was also charged for wifi on nights I didnt use it. Careful to check your bill!

Had a major problem with one of the concierge staff. The main concierge was extremely nice and helpful throughout, but there was a younger concierge who seemed to work later shifts that was extremely unhelpful. When asked about travel arrangements to airports, he told us simply that there was no other option other than hiring a car/driver. Upon further investigation, I found both shuttle, train and taxi were all cheaper and more convenient options - makes me think that perhaps he was on commission with the car service. Watch out for this and make sure to research your travel options. Airtrain to both newark (from Penn station, which is only a few blocks away) and JFK are easy, taxi to LaGuardia is also reasonable.

Overall a good hotel, but little things add up to make it less than perfect. Wifi should be free of charge (even few mins at a time would be fine!) and maybe a concierge desk with proper information would be helpful.

Room Tip: Book on priceline etc....the rates on the hotel website are not great value in comparison!
1 Thank John H
Dear John H,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.
We are very glad that you enjoyed our hotel's location as well as room size and cleanliness.
I am sorry that you had unpleasant experience with our concierge service. I addressed this issue with my team. As far as Wi-Fi is concerned, please allow me to inform you that we do have complimentary internet in the lobby if you use one of our laptops.
Please contact me before your next trip to New York at pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com and I will be happy to assist with the reservation and address any doubts you may have.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at the Night Hotel in NYC on Sept. 1 2012.
From the moment you enter this hotel, you know that you are in a different kind of hotel!
The Black and white decor really is really a step up from the boring interiors of many hotels.
We had originally booked a King sized room, but we were pleasantly surprised to receive a free upgrade to the Penhouse suite!!!!
Just half a block from Times square, we could see much of the action from the TWO balconies at our disposal with our room. The hotel, is also far enough away from Times Square that you don't get all of the noise, which made sleeping very good.

We were accomodated with a later check-out (1PM) which was great considering the partying that we did the night before.

The Staff did their best to make your stay comfortable, they were very polite and very helpful with travelers' needs.

On the negative side, there were a few things that we found odd.
1) the internet service was down which was a little disappointing, however at $10/24hour period the cost would have been reasonable.
2) The modern design of the hotel made for furniture that was a little lacking in what one would expect in the penthouse suite. The layout of the room was also a little odd, not to mention the big red exit sign on the upper level of the room....I understand that this is a necessity since it is the only space on that floor of the hotel....it was just a little odd to have that in your room.The balconies however made up for any inconviniences of the room!!!
3) There was no in-room safe, but I when i mentioned this to the front staff they seemed a little surprised....I assume there once was a safe but when the re-did the room, the safe did not find it's way back....that should be an easy fix.

Overall this was a great hotel in a fantastic location close to everything.
We would definitely stay there again and would definitely recommend it to couples who are looking for more than the ordinary room.
This is certainly not an ordinary hotel, it is small but more personable from many of the hotels that we have stayed at in NYC and the design of the hotel will really blow you away if you are looking for a sexy gettaway!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rftomie
Dear rftomie,

Thank you for posting the review of your recent stay at Night Hotel.
We are very happy that you were satisfied with your experience at Night Hotel.
I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the lack of in-room safe and the Wi-Fi problems. Please allow me to inform you that we took care of the issues.
Please contact me directly at pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com before your next trip to NYC and I will be happy to assist you with your next booking.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I love black, so it's no surprise I loved this hotel. The atmosphere an decor was dark but chique, clean and new looking. Patrick assisted us, and he was amazing! Very helpful and pleasant to talk to. (good customer service is far and few in ny) My only reservation is location. Perfect for first time visitors as its in Times Square, but I can do without the hustle and bustle of tourists. Gothic much? This is thee hotel for you.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Fewscrewsloose
Dear Fewscrewsloose,

Thank you for posting your feedback on your recent stay at Night Hotel.
We are ecstatic to hear you loved the hotel. I will relay you very kind words to Patrick.Thank you for noticing all the hard work he puts in to provide the customer service of the highest standard.
If you would like to stay at the Night Hotel in the future, please don't hesitate to e-mail me at pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com and I will be happy to assist you with your reservation.

Manila, Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

When i saw pictures of the hotel, i became excited. Being an artist, i think the hotel captures really what New York is. The location is perfect... its right by time square. I was hungry in the middle of the night at 4am and I easily got down and bought food. I also love the service, staff is always similing and have so much initiative.

Room Tip: Room is small but lovely.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank John_Ong1114
Dear JohnMateosOng,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor,
We are elated that you enjoyed your time at Night Hotel.
Please contact me directly at pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com and I will happily take care of your future reservation.