“Great Location Great design”

Night Theater District
Ranked #247 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Montreal, Canada
“Great Location Great design”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at the Night Hotel in NYC on Sept. 1 2012.
From the moment you enter this hotel, you know that you are in a different kind of hotel!
The Black and white decor really is really a step up from the boring interiors of many hotels.
We had originally booked a King sized room, but we were pleasantly surprised to receive a free upgrade to the Penhouse suite!!!!
Just half a block from Times square, we could see much of the action from the TWO balconies at our disposal with our room. The hotel, is also far enough away from Times Square that you don't get all of the noise, which made sleeping very good.

We were accomodated with a later check-out (1PM) which was great considering the partying that we did the night before.

The Staff did their best to make your stay comfortable, they were very polite and very helpful with travelers' needs.

On the negative side, there were a few things that we found odd.
1) the internet service was down which was a little disappointing, however at $10/24hour period the cost would have been reasonable.
2) The modern design of the hotel made for furniture that was a little lacking in what one would expect in the penthouse suite. The layout of the room was also a little odd, not to mention the big red exit sign on the upper level of the room....I understand that this is a necessity since it is the only space on that floor of the hotel....it was just a little odd to have that in your room.The balconies however made up for any inconviniences of the room!!!
3) There was no in-room safe, but I when i mentioned this to the front staff they seemed a little surprised....I assume there once was a safe but when the re-did the room, the safe did not find it's way back....that should be an easy fix.

Overall this was a great hotel in a fantastic location close to everything.
We would definitely stay there again and would definitely recommend it to couples who are looking for more than the ordinary room.
This is certainly not an ordinary hotel, it is small but more personable from many of the hotels that we have stayed at in NYC and the design of the hotel will really blow you away if you are looking for a sexy gettaway!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rftomie
Peter K, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear rftomie,

Thank you for posting the review of your recent stay at Night Hotel.
We are very happy that you were satisfied with your experience at Night Hotel.
I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the lack of in-room safe and the Wi-Fi problems. Please allow me to inform you that we took care of the issues.
Please contact me directly at pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com before your next trip to NYC and I will be happy to assist you with your next booking.

Front Office Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I love black, so it's no surprise I loved this hotel. The atmosphere an decor was dark but chique, clean and new looking. Patrick assisted us, and he was amazing! Very helpful and pleasant to talk to. (good customer service is far and few in ny) My only reservation is location. Perfect for first time visitors as its in Times Square, but I can do without the hustle and bustle of tourists. Gothic much? This is thee hotel for you.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Fewscrewsloose
Dear Fewscrewsloose,

Thank you for posting your feedback on your recent stay at Night Hotel.
We are ecstatic to hear you loved the hotel. I will relay you very kind words to Patrick.Thank you for noticing all the hard work he puts in to provide the customer service of the highest standard.
If you would like to stay at the Night Hotel in the future, please don't hesitate to e-mail me at pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com and I will be happy to assist you with your reservation.

Manila, Manila, Philippines
Reviewed September 3, 2012

When i saw pictures of the hotel, i became excited. Being an artist, i think the hotel captures really what New York is. The location is perfect... its right by time square. I was hungry in the middle of the night at 4am and I easily got down and bought food. I also love the service, staff is always similing and have so much initiative.

Room Tip: Room is small but lovely.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank John_Ong1114
Dear JohnMateosOng,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor,
We are elated that you enjoyed your time at Night Hotel.
Please contact me directly at pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com and I will happily take care of your future reservation.

Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My 13 year old daughter and I stayed at the night hotel for eight days seven nights, this was my daughter’s first trip to New York and as she wants to be an actress, singer, dancer on Broadway some day we wanted to stay in a hotel near Times Square. I choose the Night Hotel because it sounded exactly what I was looking for and I got it at a great price on Hotels.com. We both liked the look of it on the web site and it turned out to be every thing they said it was. The decor was all black with over sized photographs of models every where, very stylish, all the staff we met were very friendly and helpful and there was always some one on duty at the front desk any time we went. The room was small but all the hotels in that area have small rooms so that was to be expected. The room was cleaned daily and had a turn down service every night with chocolate left on the pillow and even though we were only steps away from Times Square the room was quite and comfortable, we both slept very well every night. The bath room was very clean, shower toilet and wash basin however no bath tub, the toiletries were replaced every day. We had a bath robe for our use while staying in the hotel there was only one bath robe so we ask for a second and it arrived in minutes. They have free Wi-Fi in the lobby and they let us use their lap tops as we did not bring any so we were able to check email and print out boarding passes, we both were able to borrow lap tops at the same time so no waiting around. They left a thank you for using the hotel letter for each of us in our room with vouchers for complementary cocktails in the bar on the main floor that was a nice touch, the bar doubled as a restaurant also with black decor and friendly staff. The hotel has a great location just go out the front entrance and turn left take a few hundred steps and you are in Times Square, look to the left or take another few hundred steps and that’s where the ball drops on New Years Eve. The half price ticket booth for all the Broadway shows is also very close, right beside the bus stop for the hop on/off tour bus and the underground and the Broadway Dance Center for drop in dance classes was on the same street to the left of the hotel on the same side of the road about a four minute walk away. We plan to visit New York again soon, this time with my husband along and if the Night hotel has availability we will stay there again, we loved it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lorraines_View
Dear Lorraines_View,

Thank you for the detailed review of you stay at Night. It was our pleasure to have you and your daughter as our guests.
We are absolutely thilled that you loved your Night experience and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future,
Before your next trip please e-mail me directly at pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com and I will be more than happy to personally assist you with you next reservation.

New York
Reviewed September 3, 2012

In general the rate of the hotel is so good.Location is perfect.Rooms are small but very confortables and clean. Room style is very fashion but there is no natural light hardly.Air conditionated system was too noisy.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank ORIOL C
Dear ORIOL C,

Thank you for sharing with us your thoughts on your recent stay at Night Hotel.
We are glad that you found the location of our hotel perfect and our rooms to be clean and comfortable.
Please don't hesitate to contact me directly at pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com if you would like to book a stay at NIght in the future.

charlotte
Reviewed September 2, 2012

It is a great location close to Times Square and the subway system. My only complaints would have to be the decor. If you like dimly lit, goth scene- then its perfect for you. However for other light loving ppl it is very lacking. The room is tiny- the elevator was a bit claustrophobic for me-but to be expected in NYC. It is all elegantly designed in black and white. My room had a view of a brick wall, so even less light coming in. The staff was attentive and friendly. They seemed to all speak several languages. If location is what you want this is it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HKnewbie2
Dear HKnewbie2,

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay at the Night Hotel.
We are thrilled that you enjoyed the location of our property and the attentiveness of our staff.
Please contact me directly at pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com beofre your next trip to NYC and will be more than happy to assist you with your next booking at Night.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I loved this hotel, my husband not so much. What I loved - - utterly quiet, very comfortable, clean, dark, cocoon-like, chic. convenient. Did I mention quiet? After a day in NYC it's lovely to retreat to such a place of calm and peacefulness. My huisband just thought it was dark. I loved the black and white wallpaper. The beds were VERY good. My husband slept really well but muttered about the lack of natural light. Oh well, the window was a window well. But who cares? I imagined being a vip guest in Batman's own guest suite in the bat-mansion. Yes, that cool. The staff was great, they got it just right. Everything was very easy, all taken care of (car whisked away and brought back in sceonds when needed, anything amiss fixed instantly) so absolutely no complaints at all.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Diana C
Peter K, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Diana C,

Thank you for having taken the time to write your review on Night.
We are very happy you found our guest room to be calm, very comfortable, clean and peaceful.
We are also very proud of our staff that you found great.
Please feel free to email me at pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com, I will also be more than happy to personally assist you with your next reservation
Kind regards,