We stayed at the Night Hotel in NYC on Sept. 1 2012.
From the moment you enter this hotel, you know that you are in a different kind of hotel!
The Black and white decor really is really a step up from the boring interiors of many hotels.
We had originally booked a King sized room, but we were pleasantly surprised to receive a free upgrade to the Penhouse suite!!!!
Just half a block from Times square, we could see much of the action from the TWO balconies at our disposal with our room. The hotel, is also far enough away from Times Square that you don't get all of the noise, which made sleeping very good.
We were accomodated with a later check-out (1PM) which was great considering the partying that we did the night before.
The Staff did their best to make your stay comfortable, they were very polite and very helpful with travelers' needs.
On the negative side, there were a few things that we found odd.
1) the internet service was down which was a little disappointing, however at $10/24hour period the cost would have been reasonable.
2) The modern design of the hotel made for furniture that was a little lacking in what one would expect in the penthouse suite. The layout of the room was also a little odd, not to mention the big red exit sign on the upper level of the room....I understand that this is a necessity since it is the only space on that floor of the hotel....it was just a little odd to have that in your room.The balconies however made up for any inconviniences of the room!!!
3) There was no in-room safe, but I when i mentioned this to the front staff they seemed a little surprised....I assume there once was a safe but when the re-did the room, the safe did not find it's way back....that should be an easy fix.
Overall this was a great hotel in a fantastic location close to everything.
We would definitely stay there again and would definitely recommend it to couples who are looking for more than the ordinary room.
This is certainly not an ordinary hotel, it is small but more personable from many of the hotels that we have stayed at in NYC and the design of the hotel will really blow you away if you are looking for a sexy gettaway!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Distinctive Accommodations in the Heart of Times Square. Find inspiration in the pulse and passion of New York City after dark at Night Theater District - a boutique hotel in Times Square and a study in modern aesthetics. Here, you will disappear into a realm of playful contrasts, from the black-and-white checkerboard floor in the lobby to the invitingly guest rooms and suites. Enjoy the excitement of Times Square. See a show just steps away in the Theater District. Allow Night to summon the aura of a stylish private residence in the heart of NYC. Voted Sexiest hotel in America by TripAdvisor Editors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Night Theater District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Night Hotel Nyc