BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport Inn Downtown
$267
  • Room Service
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$177
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$185
$150
  • Bar/Lounge
$144
$117
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$183
$152
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$354
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
  • Breakfast included
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$305
Westin.com
  • Room Service
All reviewsbrooklyn bridgewall streetlower manhattanbattery parkfulton stnew yorkfinancial districtfree breakfastquiet locationstatue of libertywithin walking distancethe staten island ferryworld trade centernearest subwayhotel is locatedmin walkthe hotel is clean
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The door to my safe was completely missing, and at one point had a large sum of cash collected for business, that needed to be placed in the safe, had to ask a co-worker to place it in their room, the Air Filter on AC unit was completely clogged, room smelled stuffy like moldy, view from window was the hotels HVAC Unit.... No Bueno!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Nick R
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We have stayed here several times, and do enjoy the out of the way location and the proximity to the Brooklyn Bridge--there is a stairway so you can easily access the bridge and walk it!

I like the hotel--the staff is friendly and welcoming (not at all typical for NYC) and the rooms are fairly comfortable. Generally clean, good for NYC. Reliable. There are some rough spots though, that could be tended to--a little peeling wallpaper here and there, things like that. The bed was reasonably comfortable and the bedding soft. We did not hear any other guests until they began to leave and slam doors in the morning. There is a breakfast available--juices, coffee, yogurts, bagels, make your own waffles, cereals, typical bought pastries, as well as scrambled eggs and sausage patties, and a bowl of fruits like bananas and oranges. I mainly stick with yogurt, fruit, and cereal, though I will say the yogurt was almost entirely limited to choices with artificial sweeteners, which I avoid.

We like visiting and exploring NYC, but don't stay here too often--it is quite pricey.

Even though the hotel is not in the main part of the city, it is still a location with a fair amount of street noise as there is a highway not too far away. Additionally, in my opinion, the heating units need to be replaced as they are terribly noisy, and in one room, woke me up all night long, every time it turned on. For the cost of staying here, I'd think they could take care of this problem.

Also, watch out when you are walking to the hotel from the subway. Even though you wait to cross with the "walk man" at the crosswalk, vehicles just continue to turn and would just as soon run you down, especially the taxis! They ignore the walk lights.

Love the genuine Italian restaurant next door--Aquia. Pricey, too, but a real treat.

3  Thank Art G
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was surprised to see a Best Western rated so highly on Trip Adviser and despite being suspicious, we decided to give it a try since we have long considered Best Western reliable. We were amazed with what we received at the Best Western PLUS Seaport Inn in Downtown NY. The staff was extremely courteous, prompt and detailed. I asked about the Best Western Rewards availability for a free upgrade and they said that while nothing was available for the first night of our stay, we should try back the following day. When my husband went to check on availability, they had already selected a room that was significantly larger, had a Whirlpool bath, and even had a balcony. Each afternoon, delicious and fresh baked cookies beckoned us home. Even the breakfast was a huge hit . . .with the attendant even so willing to go the distance in her job that she opened a second room to ensure we had ample space to dine. It is no longer a wonder why this hotel is so high on Trip Adviser's list. It was an amazing trip, made so much better by one nice staff person after another helping to make it happen!

3  Thank Wendy S
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I recently visited my daughter who is a student at Pace University in Manhattan. This was my second visit to this hotel. The service was outstanding, staff was very professional, and the room rate was very reasonable. I would definitely book this hotel again. Kudos to the staff!

3  Thank Marc O
Reviewed March 18, 2014

As my daughter lives in the area, we decided to stay here down at the seaport for the first time instead of a busier section of the city. The best decision we every made!!! The rooms were cozy and comfortable. The staff exemplary!!!! From housekeeping who made sure our room was perfect. ... Skye in the breakfast area who made every effort to accomodate us....Rita, Juan and William at the front desk who were the friendliest staff ever!!! Always knowledgeable and always with a smile!!! We felt like we were coming home to our family no matter when we walked in at night. With our schedule, we say Juan the most and he was always eager to go that extra step to make us comfortable and with the friendliest attitude. I wish every hotel had a Juan!!!
It was a pleasure to meet everyone and stay in this wonderful hotel. The area is quaint yet fun and not far from the hustle and bustle of the City. Just can't say enought about this hotel and the amazing staff and would definitely stay here the next time we are in New York!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family