“OUTSTANDING IN EVERY WAY!”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport Inn Downtown
Ranked #294 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 18, 2014

As my daughter lives in the area, we decided to stay here down at the seaport for the first time instead of a busier section of the city. The best decision we every made!!! The rooms were cozy and comfortable. The staff exemplary!!!! From housekeeping who made sure our room was perfect. ... Skye in the breakfast area who made every effort to accomodate us....Rita, Juan and William at the front desk who were the friendliest staff ever!!! Always knowledgeable and always with a smile!!! We felt like we were coming home to our family no matter when we walked in at night. With our schedule, we say Juan the most and he was always eager to go that extra step to make us comfortable and with the friendliest attitude. I wish every hotel had a Juan!!!
It was a pleasure to meet everyone and stay in this wonderful hotel. The area is quaint yet fun and not far from the hustle and bustle of the City. Just can't say enought about this hotel and the amazing staff and would definitely stay here the next time we are in New York!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Maggie3582

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Just returned from a long weekend in New York. Have stayed in hotels up near Times Square but this is the first time ever staying down near the seaport. I have to say that the next time I ever take a trip to New York (which is often), I will definitely stay here as opposed to uptown. The neighborhood surrounding the hotel is very quiet and friendly. The hotel itself is very clean and comfortable. The staff? Without a doubt the friendliest hotel staff I have ever encountered. Rita is a welcome, smiling face as you come to check in. She remembers your name and is always eager to help. Robert, not so great with directions (just kidding) to the Brooklyn Bridge, but is a fun personality to have around. Skye, the breakfast attendant, is a pleasure to see in the morning. She is sweet, kind, always asking is there is more she can do.
The only negative would be internet (free) was spotty to non-existent in the room (ok reception in the lobby) and the TV channels reception was sporadic.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank GeorgnVa
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Enjoyed, his hotel very much. A little hard to get to with current road construction, but worth the effort. Gem of a hotel overlooking Brooklyn Bridge. Ask for room with a terrace. Staff is amazing, competent, caring, and no request was too large or too small. Can-do attitude from front desk, to dining area (Skye, the breakfast manager,is a wealth of knowledge about things to do and how to access them), to housekeeping staff.
Each time we came back from something to the hotel it felt like we were returning home. Cozy & comfortable lobby area. Good selection of hot & cold breakfast items. Laid back attitude but very well run hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stayed at this seaport inn for a week and it was great- the staff were super helpful and friendly giving us extra advice. The front desk clerk even gave me a great recommendation for a wash and fold laundry place nearby (despite having an in-house laundry service). The morning breakfast buffet was a great deal & the students loved the make-it-yourself waffles while I loved the fresh fruit and cereals- everyone loved the toasted bagels (ala new york). We also loved the breakfast attendant Skye- she is so friendly with all the guests & even asked around to find me a vegetarian recommendation in the area (too bad I never had the chance to get there this trip).
The room was very comfortable- fantastic beds & great shower, ample storage areas and closet, mini-fridge in the room, good tv. I also had the chance to use the mini-gym a few times and the elliptical and cycling machine were in good condition, there's also a water cooler to use in there.
Added bonus features: 24 hr free coffee and tea service as well as yummy cookies in the lobby.

I really liked staying in the Seaport area, there are a few great little cafes, bars and shops around here & you are walking distance from the financial area, 9-11 memorial and some great shopping, dining and sightseeing areas. I never had the chance to walk over the Brooklyn bridge, but will next time I stay here. A few blocks over is a 24 hour drug store and the fantastic Fulton Market (hot and cold buffet foods for take-away and a great supermarket selection with better prices than Wholefoods).

Room Tip: I would choose a room above the 6th floor next time with a view of the Brooklyn bridge if possible...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank jjw_hiroshima
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I had a great experience, i am from oklahoma so a change of scenery was great for my 5 day business trip.My room was on the 7th floor and was clean and smelled great i was fully stocked on towels , im ALLL about the free breakfast and the breakfast attendant ,Skye was very friendly and wished me a good morning which i rarely get at other hotels in the breakfast area. Its good to have good customer service.Thought there was no pool it didn't affect my stay environment. Checking in and out was an ease with Robert very friendly and welcoming i would definitely come again the area was nice and quiet and close to ChinaTown which was a great experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We are pleased we chose the Seaport Inn. it was clean, friendly with plenty of coffee. As I am from the UK will not use unnecessary words or cliches to describe such a good reasonably priced Hotel. Frankly, its too good to miss in New York. Just take my word for it and book the Seaport Inn! Skye (Seaport"s Breakfast Restaurant Supervisor) will provide you with all the help you need to enjoy a good healthy fresh breakfast. Unusually Skye will also listen to guests and show genuine interest in their wants/needs. Something which is very unusual in New York City. The Hotel's location is also very good and handy for the Water Taxi, Fulton St Subway Station, Brooklyn Bridge and even Ikea for $5 by boat near by, in the unlikely event of you wanting to go there.

Room Tip: Think the rooms on higher floors would have better views. However ours on the 4th and was fine, also...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Just got back to the UK having spent 4 nights in this hotel and having read many of the reviews I wondered if they were all true ! Believe me they are! - For me this is the best hotel for the price in New York in a great location, with great local restaurants and bars plus is well away from horrible noisy mid town.

We had a room on the 7th floor overlooking Seaport and it was clean, a good size with plenty of towels and hot water. The team in the hotel we just outstanding, I want to say a huge thank you to Robert, who just could not do enough to help and made the trip so fantastic. The hotel breakfast is good when you consider it is part of the room rate, but on two days they ran out of bread and bagels (oh well we had to eat waffles), the cookies in the afternoon is a great touch and wow what a nice smell.

Getting about was easy, close to Battery Park, Ground Zero, China Town and close to Fulton Street Subway with loads of choice to get up town.

A cab from JFK cost around $60 as did the car that Robert organised to take us back early in the morning.

We had such a great time, that we are already planning to come back and I would highly, I mean very highly recommend this outstanding, smallish, friendly and clean hotel.

Room Tip: Get a 7th Floor room if you can
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
#282 of 471 in New York City
Midtown
Best Western Premier Herald Square
Millennium Hilton New York Downtown
Millennium Hilton New York Downt...
#226 of 471 in New York City
Lower East Side
Blue Moon Hotel
Blue Moon Hotel
#415 of 471 in New York City
1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge
#5 of 74 in Brooklyn

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!