“Hometown customer service in downtown location”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport Inn Downtown
Ranked #234 of 468 Hotels in New York City
“Hometown customer service in downtown location”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I am currently in the middle of a 2 week stay at this hotel and I have been so impressed by the customer service I decided to write a review. My husband is here on business and I tagged along with our toddler to explore the city. Everyone in the hotel has been so kind making sure we had restaurant recommendations and giving me ideas things to do during the day that were stroller friendly. The lady I was most impressed with was Raquel,the lady who cleaned our room. She went way above and beyond to make sure I had everything I needed for the baby and worked her cleaning schedule around my daughter's nap time. I received better service here than I have at 5 star resorts. I know not everyone travels with a toddler, but these are just examples of the type of service they provide. With a downtown location near everything I didn't expect such personal service. I would recommend this hotel if you are planning an NYC trip.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Douglsville, United States
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Great location for our trip to Brooklyn/Chinatown for a wedding - plus great location for sightseeing. We were able to walk where we needed to go with ease and the subway was a convenient short walk away. The service at the front desk was friendly and helpful, but the best service by far was from the lovely hostess at breakfast. Fabulous free breakfast choices in a clean location, but the helpful service from the hostess that provided not only help with breakfast but helpful tips for our visit to NYC. She was a true New Yorker AND one of my favorite parts of the trip. Our room was nice and comfortable. We had a clog in the sink, but they fixed it as soon as we reported the problem. The area is still under construction due to Sandy, but it wasn't a problem for us. Would definitely stay here again. Our first trip to NYC and it was fabulous.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Guilford, Connecticut
Reviewed November 7, 2013

4th time here. Always treated royally by front desk staff. Seaport area coming back after Super Storm Sandy. Very quaint and interesting area of New York City. We would say this hotel is a step up from most Best Westerns we've stayed at.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Seattle
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My daughter and I traveled to New York for her birthday and we were lucky to read the Tripadvisor reviews for The Best Western Seaport Inn and booked our stay there.
I have never experienced such friendly or helpful staff at any hotel! Shouts out to Douglas, Robert and Miriam.

The hotel is located in a very quiet area away from all of the hustle and bustle in the city. A nice refuge to come back to at the end of the day after touring downtown. Subways are within close walking distance and it is about a ten minute walk to the City Hall, 9/11 Memorial areas.

Fresh baked cookies daily! There is a 24-hour excercise room, free internet service and free breakfast which offers tea, coffee, milk, juices, toast, pastries, muffins, scones, waffles, three different varieties of cereal, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt and fresh fruits.

The room was very clean. The bed super cozy. Very quiet surroundings, no outside noise. We were in room 506 and had a great view of the Brooklyn Bridge.

If I return to New York, I would book a reservation at this wonderful hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 5, 2013

The hotel is in an area that is being restored-It is a historical shipping area. There is a lot of construction (no problems at night-slept fine) Our GPS was very confused with the construction, the road was closed on the water side and the gps kept taking us there and didn't know to go around the block-it took us across the Brooklyn Bridge.So you might want to be familar with a map of the streets around the hotel before you go. The check-in staff was very friendly and helpful, gave my husband directions to the parking garage (down the street but not a far walk-can see it from the hotel) We got a balcony room on ther 6th floor with a nice table and a lot of room with a view of the Brooklyn Bridge and the historical seaport area. The only problem we had (and why I rated it average) was the breakfast. I was reading another reviewer that said she liked the breakfast---well we must have had different people (or hopefully they have solved the problem) when we were there the lady was very rude and when we went down at 7:00 am-there was nothing out, she was just putting things out while we were sitting at the table. The waffle maker was not working properly and she told us "just time it with your watch" So all we had for breakfast was a stale danish.It has been almost 2 months since we stayed here so I hope this problem was addressed and corrected because we stay at Best Westerns all the time and have never had a problem like this or anyone with an attitude like this. Overall, we would recommend staying here. It is a safe area that is away from all the night life of Manhattan. It was easy to walk a few blocks to get the subway. Make sure you have a map of the streets of Manhattan and a subway map.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed November 5, 2013

A great lower Manhattan site. Walkable to Old Seaport, 911 Memorial and subway station that will take you anywhere. This area. Is just coming back from Sandy, but I'm sure by next Spring the area will definitely have made a full recovery. Staff couldn't have been more helpful or friendly. I would not hesitate to return. Breakfast was average, not a lot of fruit available. But afternoon cookies were a delight.
Room was good, but the gap in the French doors to the terrace was very wide a could pose a problem during the winter, can we say snow blowing to the room.

Room Tip: Terrace rooms are definitely an upgrade! Loved the view& the quiet compared to uptown.