We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in August to attend a wedding. The Hotel staff were amazing from the get go. We had taken a red eye flight and had landed in the airport at 7:30 AM. Even though our room reservation was not before Noon, the Hotel front staff offered us hot breakfast which was great btw. The Hot breakfast included fresh fruits, pastries and scrambled eggs and sausages with the usual selection of bread and bagels and juices.
I was also impressed with the location. It was just a block about away from the historic seaport area and pier 17. We were about a good 15-20 minute walk away from the battery park from where one can take cruises to Ellis island and statue of Liberty. The wall street and financial district was about a 10 minute walk away. The best thing one can enjoy close by is a walk on the Brooklyn bridge. If you can do it at night, the views are awesome! There is a subway station not more than 5 minute walk away as well.
The negative thing though is the whole building and rooms are quite small. Even the lobby area and the breakfast area could easily get crowded when 3 or 4 families got there at once! The rooms were clean and serviced well. However they were small. Although we were offered a room with a partial view to the Brooklyn Bridge, the whole area is surrounded by old buildings and which mellowed down the view.
There are no amenities like pool or a spa. They did have a fitness center which I did not use. They do have a complimentary wireless, which was quite spotty connection wise inside the rooms.
The only reason I did not give it 4 stars was that it lacked some of the amenities that a typical 4 star restaurant should have. It is in the 3+ star category in my opinion.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport Inn Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Seaport Inn Downtown Hotel New York City
- Best Western Seaport Hotel Downtown
- Best Western New York City
- New York City Best Western