“Trip to Manhattan, New York”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport Inn Downtown
Ranked #244 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Trip to Manhattan, New York”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

The Best Western Seaport Inn Downtown was absolutely a diamond on the old seaport - we travelled her in early June 2012. Historical building in a great location a block away from Pier 17 with great restaurants and fablous shopping, close to the subway which could take you south to Wall Street and the Financial District, or north to Times Square or Central Park. The people here treated us with royalty - Frank was such a wonderful host. Thank you everyone. As already mentioned by others, they are rebuilding this area, right outside the hotel and making it a great park so just be aware that you could wake up to some work crews beautifying the area.

Room Tip: High floors have a patio overlooking the area....
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathleen E
Seaporthotel, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport Inn Downtown, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear Kathleen E ,

Thank you very much for your review. We are glad that your stay was pleasant and you enjoyed the area. Being a landmark building we have kept the historic feel of seaport area along with modern amenities. Frank is one the team members that deliver exceptional service day in and day out. Again, we appreciate your review and hope to see you again soon.

ZB Moham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We enjoyed the week's stay! & thank especially Frank & Dion for their helpfulness & friendly advice. Certainly would like to come back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sigi A
Dear Sigi A,

Thank you very much for your review and selecting us for your anniversary. We wish you many more and we will always welcome you back to Seaport. We hope to you again on your next anniversary.

Lowell, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I had mixed reactions regarding my accomodations:

Upon entering my Hotel Room (704), I was unfavorably struck by the sheer size, or lack thereof, of the room in general. Perhaps I have become spoiled by my visits to various Radison Hotels in other cities. I noticed that the balcony door did not sit properly on it's sill and thus I had to deal with ants and some type of waterbug in the restroom. The ceiling has also recently been incorrectly repaired and consists of wave-like restoration every 2-3 feet reminding one of soggy plywood. One time our linens were replaced with a topsheat that sported a whole. Only large enough to pass a silver dollar througth but representative of how the establishment feels about it clients. At least one bath towel had a similar hole in it but not as large.

I do have to commend the staff I dealt with. They were pleasant and knowlegable regarding the area. The AC unit was excellent as was the TV but I would never stay in a Best Western again.

wbcma

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I just returned from a work-related trip to NYC. We booked our rooms through fedrooms because the federal per diem is much lower than the average room price in NYC. I am from WV and if anyone is from out of state, I must warn you that NYC hotels are not as spacious as most. Yet, the rooms in this hotel were reasonably sized and very clean. You can control the temperature individually in your room, which is a wonderful feature. The bathrooms appear to be newly renovated and have a heavenly shower head.

The most impressive thing about this hotel is the hospitality. In most hotels, even when the employees are "polite," sometimes you think they are secretly cussing you out in their heads. That is not the case with this hotel. Everyone was genuinely polite and went beyond what they needed to do to make us feel welcome. For example, I was printing a coupon from my email in the business center and the printer acted up. The employee at the front desk, Douglas, actually looked up my name and the name of my friend who I traveled with but whom was in a different room, and called to let me know that he had fixed the printer and my coupon printed. He then actually brought the coupon up to her room where I was visiting.

The continental breakfast is basic but has healthy options like oatmeal, yogurt, and fruit. Tea and coffee are available in the parlor 24/7. Finally, the free cookies in the lobby are AMAZING. We definitely plan to stay in this hotel for future business, notwithstanding that it is a little further away from the conference center than other similarly-priced hotels, and encourage everyone else to do the same.

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool in the hotel and it would not let me mark it as such.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Meghan P,

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff and Doulas. Our staff feeds off such comments. We take customer service seriously. We hope to you again soon on your next visit.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

I am from Florida and me and my wife went to NYC for our honeymoon from April 1-6. We are used to southern hospitality, but I would never expect to experience amazing service like this. Yes when we went the whole area in Seaport was under construction. It's ok there's nothing wrong trying to enhanced it's historic district. The location is great too. Away from the lights and sound of Time Square, but everything is walking or subway distance. Pier 17 and the Fulton Street Shopping District is very close a must see. My wife and I will be making this our anniversary trip every year to this hotel.

Great Staff
Great manger
Great location
Great breakfast

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Jamal922
Simi Valley, California
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed one night got three terrace rooms on the 6th floor, we had an excellent time, great
neighborhood, walked to New Twin Towers, to see the construction, had dinner right around the corner at Mark Joseph Steakhouse (wonderful) and right at South Street seaport, rooms very very clean, People at front desk, very helpful, they even arranged for a car to take us to airport,
Breakfast, good, filing and included in price, I would go back here in a New York minute,
see the view of the Brooklyn Bridge at night in one of the terrace rooms, its a site to behold!
The neighbor hood is quaint, and there is some construction going on that will make a nice little
park, can't wait to see it finished.

Room Tip: The view from the terrace rooms are worth the extra price,
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Carol D
Bedford NH
Reviewed May 25, 2012

What an absolutely wonderful place to stay in New York City! It was beautifully decorated as well as being very clean. It was also in a pretty decent neighborhood. Right down by the water. The room actually had a view of the Brooklyn Bridge. Very pretty at night to see. The hotel also offers a complimentary hot and cold breakfast. That also was pretty good.

Room Tip: Obviously, the top floors would be the best for the views. We had a room on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank happyvacationer5
Seaporthotel, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport Inn Downtown, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear lhappyvacationer5,

Thank you for very much for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our location is ideal if you want a piece a mind and stay close to all the attraction in NY City. Our rates are very competitive and our staff goes above and beyond to make every guest stay “home away from home” experience. We hope to you see again soon.

Best Regards,