Dena's apartment is in the perfect location. From the minute I got there I felt right at home. It's very cozy and had everything I needed for my week stay. I could easily walk everywhere I needed to go and I love that it was right off the high line! I felt just like a New Yorker! It was nice that it was right on the second floor so you didn't have to walk many stairs also the location is not noisy either. There's even a pizza shop right next door and a brewery. If you like going out Marquee is only a street over and there's even a cute little park across the street. I highly recommend staying here and can't wait to come back!
I stayed in this apartment for 5 nights by myself.
First the positives:
- Good location. The High Line, subway and Penn Station are all within walking distance.
- It's clean, neat and tidy.
- It's spacious, would accommodate 2 adults easily.
- Price is reasonable.
- Poorly equipped kitchen - pans were all badly scratched (teflon peeling) and no standard cooking utensils (eg spatula, ladle, colander). Even the little bit of dishwashing liquid felt diluted. I got the sense that Dena really didn't want me to cook, which was precisely the reason I chose to stay in an apartment in the first place. I made the mistake of buying some items back to cook a simple dinner on my first night only to discover I had to boil everything in the little saucepan (the only one that was not scratched up). I was very disappointed.
- The apartment is on the first floor and street noise can be an issue for light sleeper. Also, the security door downstairs makes a sharp beep every time it's opened.
Overall, I think it is a reasonable place to stay if you don't plan on cooking.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|