“These are the cupcakes I compare all others to.”
Review of Billy's Bakery

Billy's Bakery
Ranked #69 of 402 Bakeries in New York City
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I made the 30 minute round trip walk in the pouring rain just to buy a chocolate-chocolate cupcake from Billy's before my flight home to the UK- I think this says it all. I normally avoid cupcakes, but the frosting is so creamy, and the cupcakes are just sweet enough without having a sugar overload! If only it wasn't a whole plane ride away!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I must say upfront that I'm not all that in favor of American style bakeries (like Magnolia).
The end result seem to me too big, much too fat and overly sweet.

Though Billy's is definitely an American style bakery it is also a little different. Yes the portions are generous, but not eye popping. Their cheese is heavenly and you can have more than two bites before you're arteries clog (like with vast majority if NYC cheese cakes). Banana cream pie and apple crumble are simply delicious. Muffins and loafs are sheer delight.

Service is always nice and the prices, in comparison to the generous portion and the quality of baking, is absolutely fair.

Whenever I dine around Billy's I always save my dessert to be had there.
In fact, coming to think about it - I always make excuses to drop by around once a week.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Whilst visiting NYC, we met up with a friend at the Tribeca location for coffee and dessert. We were underwhelmed by the selection.The bakery case was nearly empty - I love ones that are brimming full of temptation - a delight to look at and smell! The cafe mocha cheesecake was pretty but not as flavorful as I expected. My husband enjoyed the peanut butter chocolate pie but he loves anything and everything with peanut butter anyway:-)

Reviewed August 22, 2013

If you have a sweet tooth, this place is nirvana. Quaint atmosphere, great selection, delicious. Love the atmosphere too.

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Their cookie sandwiches are very yummy. Chocolate buttercream or cream cheese frosting sandwiched in between two chocolate chip cookies. Yum!