“Guacamole!”
Review of Toloache

Toloache
Reserve with OpenTable
Toloache is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #151 of 13,937 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between Broadway and 8th Avenue
Transit: Take the C or E Trains to 50th St.; the 1 Train to 50th St.; and the N, R, or W Trains to 49th St.
Description: Toloache is an upscale Mexican Bistro by Chef Julian Medina. The menu boasts traditional dishes with exquisite culinary twists, must try's include guacamole, tacos and entrees like the Costilla de Res. The bar prides itself in offering over 300 different tequilas and mezcales, as well as, re-imagined takes on the classic margarita and other cocktails all made with fresh ingredients.
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Went to BB KIngs for some afternoon music and craved Mexican food afterwards. Read some reviews and decided to try this place. Service was great and everyone was friendly. Had some red sangria which was okay and ordered the three guacamole app and some tacos. The chicken tacos and pork tacos were great. The three different types of guac were all awesome. My wife and I especially liked the fruit guacamole. We will be back!

There are newer reviews for Toloache

Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

I went to toloache with 6-7 colleagues and it was supposed to be a business dinner/ bonding types - when you enter you might think its crowded but once you are seated, and the very friendly waiters make it an experience. Lovely food, great ambience, dim lights make this place so lively! Try it

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Toloache was right across the street from our hotel but my sister and I were apparently still somewhat jet-lagged and walked right past it our first night in NYC. Thankfully, we found it and even though it was quite crowded at 5:30 on a Thursday, they immediately found us a table. The service was friendly and helpful and our guacamole and chips arrived quickly along with our basil/pineapple margaritas (the special that night). Toloache has great ambiance and the first question the hostess asked us was if we were seeing a show that night and what time. They really try to accommodate people with an 8:00 curtain to meet. I would definitely recommend Toloache as a terrific pre-show dinner choice or a place to visit after the show for drinks and dessert.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

This restuarant is divine. The Frutas Guacamole is one of the best guacamoles I have ever eaten. As a matter of fact, we ate all of the first bowl and ordered a second that went just as fast as the first. The drinks are unique and flavorful. We ordered appetizer portion quesadillas and tacos after all of the guac and they were wonderful. This restuarant is definately on my list to try again the next NYC trip. One warning is to go early or make a reservation because it was packed - I guess everyone heard about the great food!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

My husband and I used the TripAdvisor "near me now" app to find this gem of a restaurant near the Met in NYC. We needed a break from the paintings and this was the perfect lunch spot. We had amazing guacamole/chips to start, 2 incredible margaritas (with cucumber/jalapeno and blueberry/hibiscus), and 2 great entrees: steak/eggs with mole enchilada and I had a mushroom/truffle quesadilla. Everything was VERY yummy. Highly recommend for lunch and I imagine dinner would be great too.

1  Thank laurenpk