“Great Mexican in a convenient location”
Review of Toloache

Toloache
Reserve with OpenTable
Toloache is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #152 of 13,935 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between Broadway and 8th Avenue
Transit: Take the C or E Trains to 50th St.; the 1 Train to 50th St.; and the N, R, or W Trains to 49th St.
Description: Toloache is an upscale Mexican Bistro by Chef Julian Medina. The menu boasts traditional dishes with exquisite culinary twists, must try's include guacamole, tacos and entrees like the Costilla de Res. The bar prides itself in offering over 300 different tequilas and mezcales, as well as, re-imagined takes on the classic margarita and other cocktails all made with fresh ingredients.
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My family and I met friends here for dinner on a Friday night and were not disappointed. Service was quick (even though it was VERY busy) and food really delicious. A nice serving of tortilla chips and dips arrived at the table and were gobbled down by everyone. I had the chicken toloache and thoroughly enjoyed it. My kids liked the avocado fries and the side of brussel sprouts were deliciously prepared. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because it was very pricey but I guess consistent with NY fare. We were all pleased with this choice and I would go back there again the next time I'm in NY.

There are newer reviews for Toloache

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We've been to restaurants in every major city across the country. Having lived in Chicago for 7 years we've been to our share of places. This restaurant is one of the best we have ever been to.

Their margaritas are phenomenal and tacos are some of the best we've ever had. Make sure you try the briscuit tacos. They are smaller but it's a great menu to share a few things. We also had some enchilada dish but skip that and go straight for the tacos.

Fantastic place and lively atmosphere.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Nice stop before or after the theater. Not far from the theater district, high energy and great margaritas. Try the tacos.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for Mexican for my boyfriends birthday near the Palace where we were staying. It just so happens that Toloache is between the palace and Hell's Kitchen where we were headed after. So location is what essentially led us here. We both enjoy Mexican but my partner is half Mexican and from Texas so I was hoping for the best but not really knowing to expect. The place was packed but we were seated 20 minutes early as the bar was full. The service was prompt and pleasant. The food was delicious, the place was very clean and we had outstanding food. Tacos were anything but pedestrian, so delicious. Grasshoppers and veal cheek tacos... I stuck with chicken and braised beef but they were truly outstanding.

Thank C.W. K
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Not your momma's beans and rice. Modern upscale Mexican. Even have grasshoppers on the menu. Guacamole is excellent as is the salsa. Meals are flavorful rather than simply packed with a lot of processed beans and rice. Beef in the tacos was first rate. For a Mexican choice, you can't do better. Service was good. Place is filled with tables as much as they can so it will be tight.