“Fabulous food”
Review of Toloache

Toloache
Reserve with OpenTable
Toloache is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #136 of 13,689 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between Broadway and 8th Avenue
Transit: Take the C or E Trains to 50th St.; the 1 Train to 50th St.; and the N, R, or W Trains to 49th St.
Description: Toloache is an upscale Mexican Bistro by Chef Julian Medina. The menu boasts traditional dishes with exquisite culinary twists, must try's include guacamole, tacos and entrees like the Costilla de Res. The bar prides itself in offering over 300 different tequilas and mezcales, as well as, re-imagined takes on the classic margarita and other cocktails all made with fresh ingredients.
N. Atlanta
“Fabulous food”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We went to see a matinee of Spiderman (great btw!) and wanted a place to eat an early dinner afterwards. Difficult to find a great restaurant that's not a tourist trap in this area so I did my homework and found this place. So glad we ate here. The food was fantastic. Chef Medina was on Iron Chef you know! Margarita selection was varied and interesting. My husband had best in his life short ribs and I had chicken. Both were house specialties and delicious. We had one of the guacamoles for an appetizer and was very tasty and fresh. My one complaint would be that we were enjoying the app and out came the entrees which made dinner a little rushed which I don't appreciate when paying this much for dinner. We would definitely return here when returning to NYC and would recommend to others.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Connellsville, Pennsylvania
“Authentic”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I really feel this place is worth the visit. The three types of hand made guacamole are outstanding. From the suckling pig on to the slow roasted beef ribs & bone marrow taco. I am not a tequila drinker but they have over 100 selections - some of the shots go for over $100 - must be good.
Enjoy

Tennessee
“Excellent food and choices”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The food and choices were excellent, as was the location near Times Square. The chipotle salsa was AMAZING--smoky and just enough heat. My only complaint is the price of the guacamole: $13? Come on!

Visited March 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“Perfect!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Tolache was the perfect spot for dinner after seeing Wicked on Broadway, which is just around the corner. The margarita with a chili-salted rim was to die for! Everything we ate, including the night cap of mexican hot chocolate, was divine. If I ever get to NYC again, Tolache is at the top of my list of restaurants to visit!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank southerntraveler8
Morristown, New Jersey
“Great Restaurant Experience”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Last night my friend and I enjoyed a very nice pre-theatre meal. I enjoyed a Mojito and she ordered one of their specialty Margaritas. The Margarita had both salt & chili powder on the rim. We then shared an appetizer of braised brisket tacos with a horseradish crèma. The brisket was very flavorful and the horseradish crèma was a nice touch. For dinner I ordered the Sopa de Tortilla & my friend ordered the Ensalda de Jicama. We also shared the fried Brussels sprouts & fried avocado side dishes. Everything was so fresh and delicious. The service was quick & efficient. The atmosphere is very nice but the restaurant does get crowed. I highly recommend reservations.