“A classy place with great atmosphere”

Mastro's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Mastro's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 14,908 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.
Reviewed November 13, 2017

We booked this restaurant prior to our trip to New York and we were really looking forward to our meal.. we were not disappointed! We were brought straight to our table and our waitress was attentive and welcoming from the start. The steak was delicious and the wine was excellent with huge choice. We particularly enjoyed the Brussel sprouts our waitress recommended. A great night out. Hope to make it back sometime!

1  Thank Stephen K

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

I took my wife and son to Mastro’s steakhouse, and happily we enjoyed one of the best meals we’ve had in a very long time. The appetizers were absolutely delicious. We had the jumbo lump crab, the lobster, the ahi tuna, and the thick cut bacon, and all were delicious and fresh and juicy. Then for the main courses, my son and I had the bone-in 22 ounce ribeye, and both of us could honestly say it was extremely well prepared and cooked to medium rare perfection. My wife’s Chilean sea bass was equally tender and juicy. Service was what you would expect at a high-end restaurant, always there if you need something. I would highly recommend going here if you could afford it because without any drinks or desserts, we dropped $400 including tax and tip. So to recap it was a marvelous evening of great food and service but very expensive. Obviously though, this steakhouse is built for the upper middle class clientele that you would expect to come here.

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

We did not have a reservation on the evening we dined, we sat at the downstairs bar and had a couple of glasses of wine whilst we waited for a table. The place was packed, really good atmosphere about the place. The service was great, the food was superb, the best (and biggest) scallops I have had. Ok, it’s not cheap, but it is good! I’d go back tomorrow, really enjoyed the whole experience.

Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

Best steakhouse experience ever. The bacon appetizer was incredible. The servers recommendations were on point. Every person from the GM to the bartender and greeter made us feel special. The live music was awesome. The restaurant even called us the next day to say thank you for coming. I highly recommend Mastro’s NYC. I’ve never had the full experience like they provide. Can’t wait to go back.

Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

While at a conference with a bunch of defense lawyers and insurance executives, I joined a group of people I did not know before for dinner at Mastros. What a fabulous meal! We started with the seafood tower with calamari, oysters Rockefeller, and shrimp. All were fantastic. Then we topped it off with awesome steaks and seafood. Huge portions, perfectly prepared, and just fabulous. Not to be outdone, the desserts were perhaps the best of all, again the portions could feed a small country! An outstanding evening all around