“Wonderful GF Dinner!”

Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed January 21, 2020

My friend and I ate here after we discovered they had GF pasta. Initially, it's a VERY small restaurant and the tables are very close together. However, you get into the spirit of the place and I loved it. My pasta dish was soo good and our waiter was so kind, adding spinach and pecorino cheese at no additional cost. The drinks were yummy too. Would come back here next time!!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (111)

Reviewed November 22, 2019

Contenna delivers on pasta. Several types of gravy, sauces and types. Since it was a pre-marathon dinner, it did take two entres to fill up the runner, Spaghetti Polpette X2 and a beginning app of Salumi Soppressata. I ate the veggie offerings around the antipasti and an order of Rigatoni e Gamberi. Mine filled me right up.
$90+ for two with one glass of wine. Moderate for NY.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 18, 2019 via mobile

So, we stumbled upon this tiny, charming restaurant after an okay experience at another larger “trendy” restaurant. I was intrigued because although it had no name on the outside , it was lively and packed in side. And everyone seemed happy. So i wandered in and booked a table for the next night. Wow. Food was italian exceptional. Prices soooo reasonable and the wine list curated and extensive. We ordered a few small dishes and a pasta to share. No complaints here!
One thing to note... the tables are small, so if you are a larger party i would recommend asking to sit at the higher bar top counters ( two sided) which looked comfy and roomier.
Enjoy!

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed September 22, 2019 via mobile

We were a party of five, place is very cute, small and cozy. The food was very underwhelming and not memorable. We tried many plates, appetizer and few pastas. We returned some dishes like the mussels. The pasta with clams we took three bites and that is it. On top of that it is not cheap at all, I understand it is NYC but come on, very few bottles of wines in the $50-$60 range and those were not good so we had to go to the $70 range. Service is great no complaints. For NYC there are many better Italian restaurants in that area and others.

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank hnasr
Reviewed September 17, 2019 via mobile

First time at Cotenna. I have to admit, I was impressed. This little Italian neighborhood restaurant looks more like a trattoria (high tables with bar stools and a few regular tables) than a proper restaurant but the food and the service make up for it.
I had the shrimp with polenta and lentils as a starter (delicious), the spaghetti carbonara as a main dish (very good although the size could have been a bit larger). My friend had the Vongole pasta. Good selection of wines by the glass and professional service- all for less than $100 tax and services included. I will go back

Date of visit: September 2019