“Good Food & Excellent Service”

Times Square Diner & Grill
Order Online
OR
Order Online
Ranked #251 of 13,288 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed December 20, 2016 via mobile

We got to our hotel a little early, so we checked our bags in, and then had a nice lunch at this diner. The diner was directly across the street from the Hilton Garden Inn.

I ordered The Times Square burger, my wife had the chicken noodle soup, while our sons had the grilled cheese w/bacon, the burger with blue cheese, and they split an order of "pizza fries". We had two juices, and a coffee. The burgers came with pickles and cole slaw. The portions were large and filling.

The total tab came to $58 (without a tip). We know most things are more expensive than at home (DFW Texas area), so we thought the meal was a decent value for the money.

The service was awesome. The servers were especially nice. We would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.

2  Thank Starview88
Write a reviewReviews (2,272)

Reviewed December 19, 2016

We stopped in for a quick one while waiting for our bus home. The bar was full of people but it was pleasant and we made our bus.

1  Thank TooOldtoRun
Reviewed December 19, 2016

We had lunch here but should have come for breakfast. Their omelets looked very good. It is a very busy place and a bit loud. Seating is tight but I would return for breakfast.

1  Thank acostajorge44
Reviewed December 17, 2016

Walked all the way from 10th and 41st St. to this diner, in the middle of winter and with snow all around, not a pleasant trip, and had to wait a while to get a table, but I assure you it was well worth the hassle.

The place is small and somewhat cramped but service not only was good and fast, most of them had a smile in their face and were very affable, a rarity in many busy diners.

While I waited for our table I notice that the manager had an eye on everything that was going on and kept everybody on their toes. Experience told him when a table would become available and you could hear him telling his waiters to get ready to clean the table immediately.

We were seated and we immediately ordered. We did not have to wait much for our food. The french toast are to die for!! Large portion with scrumptious cream and berries, it is the best I have had in a while. Coffee was not your regular bland and nondescript java, making you want to drink more and more.

I thought that, once finished, I would be shoved out the door, but I was wrong. I was not rushed to leave despite the long line waiting outside.

Will definitively return!!!

1  Thank Manuelq57
Reviewed December 17, 2016

We went to the diner at 0100 after a night of shows and drinking. The food was good and the people friendly. The place was packed at that late hour.

Date of visit: October 2016