“Small in size, Big in service and quality”

Times Square Diner & Grill
Order Online
OR
Order Online
Ranked #251 of 13,288 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed December 17, 2016

Walked all the way from 10th and 41st St. to this diner, in the middle of winter and with snow all around, not a pleasant trip, and had to wait a while to get a table, but I assure you it was well worth the hassle.

The place is small and somewhat cramped but service not only was good and fast, most of them had a smile in their face and were very affable, a rarity in many busy diners.

While I waited for our table I notice that the manager had an eye on everything that was going on and kept everybody on their toes. Experience told him when a table would become available and you could hear him telling his waiters to get ready to clean the table immediately.

We were seated and we immediately ordered. We did not have to wait much for our food. The french toast are to die for!! Large portion with scrumptious cream and berries, it is the best I have had in a while. Coffee was not your regular bland and nondescript java, making you want to drink more and more.

I thought that, once finished, I would be shoved out the door, but I was wrong. I was not rushed to leave despite the long line waiting outside.

Will definitively return!!!

1  Thank Manuelq57
Write a reviewReviews (2,272)

Reviewed December 17, 2016

We went to the diner at 0100 after a night of shows and drinking. The food was good and the people friendly. The place was packed at that late hour.

Date of visit: October 2016
1  Thank shoopafun
Reviewed December 17, 2016

The menu seem Greek inspired. There was lots of food (toast and potatoes) with the breakfast. Go there hungry.

1  Thank Nancy882
Reviewed December 15, 2016

Clean, great service, and good food. Had a decent menu, and the food came out quick. Servers were attentive and willing to offer menu choices. Nice place to eat.

Date of visit: November 2016
2  Thank Asphaltman
Reviewed December 14, 2016 via mobile

Really yummy food and only a short walk from Times Square. We got seated straight away but there isn't much room to move once you're seated! However we would go again as the pancakes were delicious !

1  Thank Serena M