The Plaza
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
$297
$267
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$177
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$185
$150
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
$144
$117
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$183
$152
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$354
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
  • Breakfast included
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$305
Westin.com
2,570 results
All reviewsthe palm courtedwardian suitebutler servicerose clubcentral parkthe todd english food hallnew yorkiconic hotelroom serviceturn down serviceluxury hotelbeautiful roomlobby barfifth avenuetimes squarefairmontconcierge
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I have made several trips to the Plaza since the hotel's reopening,visiting various friends from abroad. Therefore, I have had the wonderful good luck of viewing the Plaza's various types of accommodation. From standard room on up to a duplex suite.

Although New York City is my primary residence, I decided to take a necessary quiet break and chose to stay in their "Edwardian Suite." How delightfully pleased having done so!

Firstly, this suite is very spacious, and with all the wiz bang trimmings! Climate and room lighting (on dimmers) are all controlled to perfection via in suite I Pad. Worked flawlessly! Flat screen televisions discretely wall mounted.

Secondly, upon entering one's suite, it is an adventure for the eyes to see the mix of decor. A lovely mix of classic tones- seamlessly incorporated with touches of Louis XV, plush and richly decorated sofas, placed next to current modern technologies, and a bit of Hollywood Regency. Sounds rather abstract and perhaps "overkill." But this internal renovation was pulled off in a fashion that is not only quite clever, but visually impressive, soft, and interesting!

The master bathroom was sensational in every way! Vast, by New York City hotel standards. The petite white tiles and white marbled floors provided crisp,glorious reflective light. The well placed and sparse golden tiles provided a glint of an art nouveau feeling. Water pressure strong in shower, bath, and sinks. Divine!

The young and eloquent Butler arrived about an hour after I was in suite. He graciously introduced himself and offered to assist me unpack, do any ironing, or provide me with any sort of aid that may be necessary. Quite hospitable! However, I explained that he need not make a fuss! I would feel silly watching such a fellow in uniform ironing away my trivial creases! But a kind offer, none the less!

Oh... And the adorable little balcony with French doors located bedside was an unexpected pleasure! Allowing the night breeze pass over my skin as I rest was a beautiful feeling, in a beautiful place!

Job well done to the Plaza in New York City!
Even especially so, since it could have been an aesthetic horror show, if put in the wrong hands! And no, I do not work for, nor even know the name of the firm that handled the interiors! So please do not be skeptical of my review- for I clearly recall what it did look like before, and it pleases me to see the artistic vision working together in such harmony. She is now made freshened with quality and elegance. Intelligently so.

Room Tip: Acquire any one of the suites. I have seen most, with the exception of the
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank MonarchosSeven
PlazaNY, Marketing & Communications Manager at The Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2011

On behalf of The Plaza, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your suite experience. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind Regards,
The Plaza Management Team

Reviewed August 4, 2011

The lobbies and ground floor areas are amazing, just like you would hope. We had reservations for 2 rooms and they kept assigning us to used/dirty rooms. Finally, after speaking with the MOD we were assigned to rooms where housekeeping had cleaned. Ownership at this hotel has changed over the years, and sadly is reflected in the rooms and service

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed August 2, 2011

This was my 2nd trip to the Plaza, and I have to say, the rooms
are quite large for non-suites. The bathrooms are very spacious and
luxurious, and the beds are absolutely amazing. It's hard to start the day
in NYC when you can't get out of bed due to it's comfort level. Hotel is
quite large, and can get busy in the lobby from passing tourists that like
to come in and take pictures. It's in a great location, shopping, Central Park,
the Subway are all very close. The iPad in the room is a nice feature, that
controls the room lighting and air conditioning. I would stay here again, if not
for the luxury of it all, but the spacious rooms, you never feel cramped.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank sunparty
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed here for a mommy/daddy getaway weekend and it was just great. We booked superior room, which for a non-suite room was so spacious. I loved the decor, from the luxe bedding to the beautiful chandelier! It was a truly beautiful room.
The staff was so welcoming and warm upon arrival. The moment we pulled up, they helped us out of our car and whisked it away to the garage. Our bags were taken with a warm smile. The porter chatted with us as went upstairs to our room-he was very friendly and real. Real, yet professional. The hotel is of course, gorgeous. No need to elaborate much on that. Its just beautiful and packed with history.
I was a teeny bit turned off by the carpet in spots looking a bit tired-perhaps in need of redoing in spots. But I guess thats being picky.
One evening on our way to dinner, we couldn't get a cab and the doorman who we had chatted with a bit here and there asked us where we were going, which was only 10-15 blocks or so...he immediately ushered us to the hotel car....the hotel Bentley, that is!-And off we went! Wow, was that nice!!! And my husband loved chatting with the driver about that car, you bet.
Breakfast was wonderful. Of course you pay for it, which you do for everything here. But you get what you pay for. For my money, theres nothing better that the plaza.
It feels like old world New York, classy, yet cute. If you're looking for a modern hotel obviously don't come here. If you're looking for nostalgia with class this can't be beat.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank scarlett81
Reviewed July 29, 2011

OK, it's a large less than personal hotel, and on the higher-end as far as rates, but the service, rooms, food, location etc. etc, are well worth the money, it that's what you want. Hey, you might even bump into a celebrity (we didn't!). I can certainly recommend the Plaza Food Court for a snack or more! The location is great ... walking distance from all the shops on 5th Avenue, and right on Central Park. We'd come back again if wasn't our policy to try a new hotel every trip ;)

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family