“Chinese prison like”

Sun Bright Hotel
MIAMI
“Chinese prison like”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

To start with, the pics they post for prospective guests are all a fake, that's right, misleading. What you basically have is a simple partition between rooms, you can hear the next guy breathing. The bathroom is filfthy beyond recognition. Even for the casual traveler or a guy just passing through, NO. The mobility to Manhattan is priceless, but not at this price and conditions. I urge anybore to pay $50 more and stay in a decent hotel. Ps.: I just noticed i have several bed bugs bites in my behind, all over. STAY AWAY FROM THAT HELL HOLE, you've been warned.

Room Tip: don't ever stay in a hostel, specially this one, privacy is paramount. All rooms, if you can cal...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank kleberM554

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This place is dirty, small, expensive for what it is and bad located.

I had booked a single room for me while my friends booked a shared room. When we got there, they made my friends pay and then told me there were no room available for me. They sent me to another hostel which was still in construction and which customers were really creeepy. So I had to walk in chinatown by night by myself. In both hotels, the bathroom were so disgusting we did not use it. It was really noisy that we barely slept (I have heard that the male dormitory was even worse).
and I paid more than 80 dollars for that! I tried to reach the manager as the guy who was there this night told me I could have a discount. But he never answered.

Conclusion: worst hotel ever

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank travelerforever90

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

NYC
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This place should have chickens in and not people. The roof is made up of chicken wire. Also know that if your not Asian, you will be treated like a bunch of dirty chickens. They hate America so much that they don't even accept American money. Pretty screwed up. I would really like to know how could this place even be legal to house dogs much less people. This place must be shut down and closed for good and real soon. This place shouldn't even be charging a penny to stay there cause you may not leave alive.

• Stayed February 2013
8 Thank lsufan1989
Reviewed December 25, 2012

This place is terrible. I understand that when you pay this price your not gonna get a 5 star hotel. But seeing as I'm typing this looking up at my chicken wire ceiling laying in a room that is smaller than prison cells. It's just not on. I now know why there are signs all over the front desk saying 'NO REFUNDS'. Cause once I saw this place I wanted to run.

I actually think that the 3rd floor isn't part of the hotel, and that people are living there. There are animals running around.

The bathrooms are covered in mould and walls are paper thin so getting to sleep is a nightmare.

Just avoid this place at all costs. First thing tomorrow I'm looking for a new place. They can have the money. No one should have to stay in a place like this.

• Stayed December 2012
18 Thank Frenchy2810
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed November 24, 2012

The private rooms werent too bad although they are small and have no aircon and the walls are thin and it can be noisy. Tv is small and only has 3 channels. 5th floor doorm rooms are a joke good luck surviving the 3rd and 4th floor smell were the homeless people live and they have a pet cat on the 3rd floor and it smells terrible. Bathrooms are covered in dirt and smell even though they get cleaned. Cheap price and the location is in chinatown which isnt the safest place

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank Yayzeee
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Absolutely disgusting cockroaches were literally everywhere. We booked this room for my bachelorette weekend since it was the cheapest we could find. Cost me 120$ with all the charges. We opened the door to a 5 by 9 room with only a bed. There's 3 roach infested dirty bathrooms that the entire building shares. Looked like dry splattered puke on our bedroom wall. Didn't even stay the night and they wouldn't refund. We took pictures of some of the roaches above our heads and management didn't care. Really repulsive. Stay away

• Stayed November 2012
8 Thank Samanthamunaco123
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

we stayed several nights and really enjoyed this location. the staff was helpful an friendly. you can even check your luggage in early a huge plus for travellers from afar. The rooms and baths were extremely clean. therooms are tiny but really all you need for this super location. complete with a fan and hbo they offered more privacy than expected.

• Stayed June 2012