“Good for a quick meal when staying nearby”
Review of Sushi Damo Damo

Sushi Damo Damo
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushi Damo Damo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,327 of 14,031 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 8th and 9th Ave
Description: Located in the heart of midtown west, right cross the Time Warner Center and Columbus Circle, Sushi Damo offers diners exceptional Japanese cuisine in a sleek atmosphere with warm, friendly service.
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

I ate here with a colleague the evening we arrived of the plane.
We were staying a few doors up at the Hudson, and didn't want to venture far.
The sashimi was very good, the sushi selection was reasonable, the katsu was ok. All in all the prices seemed pretty fair and I had no complaints about the service.

As has been said before just watch out that there is a tip included in the bill already, we nearly doubled up.
I would probably return if we were staying here again, but doubt I would travel specifically from further afield.

1  Thank Liam H

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Huge and delicious sushi menu. They have wondefrul sushi roll creations worth trying. Great service and simple but good environment.

1  Thank Miyechi
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

During the years my family and I have visited Sushi Damo many times. We like the clean and contemporary decor and the delicious rolls and tartars, as well as the usually good service. What I did not liked at all is the way they put a pre-calculated tip (higher than the customary 15%) in the check, this happens without any verbal information to the customer. This has happened the last two or three times I was there. It's not that I don't like to reward a good service, but I don't like being oblidged to an extra reward when not deserved, and more that that, risking to tip twice, once via the precalculated amount in the check, and the second time, by filling the dedicated blank space in the credit card slip! Hope they will discontinue this disturbing behavior.

4  Thank massimovw
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

It really is nice sushi. Goes extremely well with the Japanese beer (huge bottle). Had 3 sushi rolls between us; left feeling very fulfilled on an Easter Saturday lunchtime.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Stopped in at lunch time for a quick bite before meeting a friend. The service was quick and attentive and the sushi was fresh and delicious. I had the lunch special which was soup and two rolls. We definitely eat here again.