“Delicious”
Review of Sushi Damo Damo

Sushi Damo Damo
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushi Damo Damo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,175 of 14,216 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 8th and 9th Ave
Description: Located in the heart of midtown west, right cross the Time Warner Center and Columbus Circle, Sushi Damo offers diners exceptional Japanese cuisine in a sleek atmosphere with warm, friendly service.
Reviewed December 9, 2012

While in NYC on a business trip my colleagues and I stumbled into here shortly after checking into our hotel as it was nearby. We were pleasantly surprised at getting a table immediately for four - and more so how delicious the sushi was.
Welcomed with a huge smile, the staff were all very friendly and didn't do the usual USA way of hovering around and asking how things are every five minutes in the hope of a large tip. We were left to our own devices but there was always someone on hand when we needed them.
Ravished we ordered a mix of sashimi (the spicy yellow tail was succulent and not too zingy) and sushi (the spider crab rolls were amazing) and veggie tempura (good mix of veg in light and crisp batter. The portions were generous and we left nothing.
It was so good we went back two nights later with another friend and tried the cocktails (very strong, be warned) and wine with yet more of the same sushi.
A marvellous find and one I will definitely return to when next in the Big Apple. Prices were not high compared to London sushi spots.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Sushi Damo does excellent and authentic japanese sushi. I heard many locals say it is the best in the city. The place was very busy and lively on a Friday night which I like. Service was friendly and swift. It is quite pricey though and the portions are rather small. I paid about $60 for two rolls and a beer (incl. tip). So, good but on the expensive side...

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I ordered gyoza and umakase (chefs choice) and a Kirin beer. Awesome but $$$, I'm on holiday so whatever :) I would shell out that much if it was a regular occasion though

Reviewed October 30, 2012

On a recent trip to NYC, I visited Sushi Damo for the 2nd time. I really like this place! This time I went for lunch, but it is the same menu as for dinner. They have a wonderful selection of sushi, and also many other dishes available. We arrived just as they were opening, and the restaurant smelled very clean, which is always a nice feeling, especially in a sushi restaurant. I started with the Midori Salad, which was a House Salad topped with at least half of a sliced avocado, and came with a ginger dressing. This was delicious, very light despite its large size. My favorite sushi roll was the Spicy Crab with cucumber. I am pregnant, so I can't currently eat the raw items, and this one was delicious. I would get this even if I could have raw items. Sushi Damo has a great atmosphere, and overlooks 58th Street. I will definitely go back there, despite a $100 lunch for two, no alcohol included.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I loved this place. We were in midtown last Friday night and wanted to get sushi. Used google to search for a nearby sushi place. We didn't have reservations and the place was pretty busy, so we elected to sit at the sushi bar rather than wait 15-20 minutes for a table.

The Sashimi was so fresh and tender. There is no comparison to the Sashimi and Sushi I get at places near my home in CT. The prices are higher, but in my view not outlandish and you get what you pay for. There were couples, small groups and a larger group seated toward the back. Every table was taken, but we could still talk without yelling and the service was efficient & fast. They had 5 or 6 sushi chefs working behind the Sushi Bar.

I strongly recommend if you are in the area. I plan to check it out for lunch sometime soon.