“Good place to stay in New York” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel 32 32

Hotel 32 32
Ranked #146 of 479 Hotels in New York City
Berlin
“Good place to stay in New York”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stayed 3 nights in hotel 32 32 in June 2014 and it was a positive experience. I was a bit reluctant because at that time there were no reviews and the hotel was suspiciously inexpensive. Later I learnt that it just had been opened 3 weeks before. The stuff was very friendly and helpful.
The location is very good, I went walking to many places I wanted to go too and the underground is just on the corner.
They give you a complimentary breakfast in the nearby bar which was for me unexpected and not a breakfast I would like to have everyday but it was ok.

The room furniture was completely new and of good quality, both for vacations or business it made sense. My room was a bit noisy but normal for new york. The controls of the air condition machine were not obvious to find.

I will repeat if they keep the price level.

Room Tip: Probably the higher floors are better than the lower.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank AlbertoBerlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I visit NYC quite a lot and originally was going to book one of my usual places but I came across this gem and since it had been open for less than a week at the time, the rate was fantastic.

Fab rate & brand new rooms aside, the staff is what made this a really great stay for us.

We originally booked a king room but upon arrival, I didn't want a room off the elevator and that is where it was located, so the manager, Matt, took us around and showed us 2 other options, a queen room with a patio and a suite on a higher floor that had a balcony and two separate rooms.

Because I am a former resident of NYC, I was thrilled at the prospect of having a room with outdoor space, so we did the unheard of, downgraded to the room with the patio.

Yes, it had a smaller bed, fridge etc but private outdoor space in NYC is gold!

Matt found us chairs to set up out there and it is where we spent some of the evenings.

Only issue: some of the hotel guests on the upper floors thought it was ok to smoke on their balconies (ugh) and toss their cigarettes over them (rude & ridiculous smokers), so we found buds on the ground but the hotel quickly addressed that by putting letters under the doors of the rooms on that side.

With your room, you get free breakfast next door at Captains Cafe and he is pretty awesome and invited us to come over for beer later in the day and since we don't drink it, he said well come for coffee or juice. So the New York I love, folks just connecting simply because.

The kitchenette was fully stocked with all the things you would need to cook if that's your thing.

While we don't do a lot of touristy things while in NYC, those who are into that will love this location, which is a hop and a skip from 34th street and all it offers and trains to any other destination.

All in all, this was truly a fab stay. I have never laughed and had just a really good time with a hotel staff as we did here.

32 32 Hotel is definitely my NYC home base from now on!

Room Tip: If you want a private patio there are 2 available in queen rooms on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JetsetCurves
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Stayed 4 nights, from 06/30/2014-07/03/2014. Great hotel. Rooms are larger than most NY apartments. Nice amenities, even a kitchen! Clean (new hotel). Great location...minutes from most everything uptown and right next to the 32nd St 6 train subway stop. Interesting and safe neighborhood. Free breakfast next door was pretty good, restaurant owner very nice.
Beds were very comfortable. We had trouble getting towels replenished but the room was always tidied up when we returned in the evening.
Front desk personnel were all very nice but clueless about parking, questions about the area, etc. Need to get knowledgeable about the area for out-of-town guests.

Room Tip: We were told we would have a balcony but did not. No biggie but it would have been a lot nicer. Ask...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Van W
Collinsville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This hotel is new and clean, but the best part is the people. My identical twin and I were travelling together and they even bothered to know which was which. As we say which witch is which witch. We had a grand time. Thanks!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Sarah B
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is a good clean new hotel in the middle of Manhattan. It is located between Park Ave and Madison Ave in Korea town. Staff very friendly and rooms are big enough with very good showers. The air conditioning system is noisy but you can turn this off at night to get a good sleep.

Room Tip: This is a small hotel with 17 floors and 3 rooms per floor. We booked a one bedroom suite that was b...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Pgfitz2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We got a room here for under USD 200,00. Let me point that in this amazing location - 32nd between Park and Madison, it is just almost impossible to find a room like that with that price, during the summer! - so, great deal from the start. We were very excited about the location and the pictures on the website already, but when we checked in, our jaws dropped. This is why:

- large room, king size bed, great lining;
- large bathroom, great shower, super clean, super cute amenities;
- black out curtains - we slept until 10 a.m. and missed their breakfast (the bed was solo comfy) - yes, they offer breakfast, from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. I can't say more about it, but if it follows the standard, I'm sure it is delicious;
- Large TV and a Iphone/Ipod dock!

Besides all that, I give this hotel a 5-star review due to the most amazing and helpful staff. They got our bags before check in so we could explore the city without charging us for that.
And, the most important thing: I left behind my face moisturizer, one I had just got and which was quite pricey. I called them and I was so desperate. The manager found it, I asked him to mail it to me, and he didn't even hesitate. That really made my day.

To sum up:

Great price, great location, great staff.
I visit NYC quite often and will definitely come back to 32 32 hotel.

Room Tip: Great for young couples exploring the city. The subway station is just a few steps away and it leave...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank CamilaGonzales
newport, ri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

This hotel is an interesting concept. I was a little taken aback, first because the front of the hotel was so small that I passed it twice before I found it. The lobby is nothing more than a tricked up storefront. I thought I had made a huge mistake but, there I was. I didn't realize until I got there that the hotel literally just opened a week before so the staff was a little discombobulated trying to make computers work and everything you'd expect from a new start up.

Each of the 17 floors has 3 or 4 rooms; nothing fancy about it; rather industrial in feel. I was upgraded to a suite, which was much appreciated. It had two tiny balconies but plenty of room in the room itself. There is something to be said about being in a brand new hotel; everything smelled clean and new. The decor was what I would describe as upscale IKEA but don't let that fool you. The bed was very very comfortable and the linens, while simple in decor, were plush in feel and very nice to sleep in. The bathroom was plenty big, very modern in its decor, crisp and clean. Loved it. The room, as do all the rooms I'm sure, had your standard Keurig style coffee machine and as a nice touch, offered single packs of Lavazza for all of us espresso lovers, instead of the usual icky coffee fare.

One thing to be aware of. I paid for my reservation in full through Expedia. However, the hotel still insisted on taking a $250 authorization on my credit card as a deposit. Unfortunately, one of their first guests defaced a room and so the management is being cautious moving forward.

I would stay again.

Room Tip: Probably not a good choice for families but would recommend for single stays or couples.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo