Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea
$297
$267
  • Room Service
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$184
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
$144
$116
  • Room Service
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$185
$150
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$183
$152
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$354
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
  • Breakfast included
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$305
Westin.com
1,378 results
All reviewsthe holiday innthe empire state buildingnew yorkpenn stationrooms are smalltimes squaretwo double bedsmadison square gardenfront desk staffwhole foodsfreedom towerlocation is greatmin walkcentral locationlate checkaround the cornerstreet noise
Reviewed February 21, 2009

myself and a friend just got back from new york and stayed here loved the hotel and the staff were just so friendly and couldn't do enough for us . we,re due to go back soon and wouldn't stay anywhere else had fantastic time !!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 13, 2009

Great location. Nice cozy room. Tastefully decorated. Large thick bath towels. There were 4 of us (2 couples) in a room with 2 double beds. It was a bit cramped but we didn't spend much time in the room anyway so it suited us just fine.

The staff was amazing. The most courteous, friendly staff I've ever encountered in NYC. And extremely responsive. When we had plumbing problems, someone was at our door within 5 minutes to take care of it.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 20, 2009

Got a great $95 rate on Priceline for a holiday weekend in NYC. This hotel has only been open 7 months, so not everyone knows about it. Location is good--it's halfway between the F/V (6th and 23rd) and 1 (7th and 28th) subway stops, although the 1 is slightly closer. There are convenience stores, drugstores and restaurants just steps away: CVS and Duane Reade on 6th, Chipotle and BRGR on 7th. I recommend Supermac on 7th just south of 29th: multiple varieties of macaroni and cheese.

Received an "upgrade" on arrival to a king bed on 14. Small, NY style room, and really tiny bathroom (bathroom even tinier than the ones at the Radisson Lexington). But everything was clean and comfortable. Flat-screen TV with many stations, about 1/3 of which didn't come in. FREE INTERNET! (Wired or wireless--I went with wired--but be sure all the ethernet cables are connected properly.) I had no noise problems--I could only hear people if they were in the hall outside my door. It was super cold during my stay, and it was kind of hard to keep the room warm because the cold kept radiating from the window, but it was better the last day when it got up to freezing. Staff was pretty friendly for a NY hotel, greeting all the guests as they got off the elevators (no long elevator waits, either). The bartender even changed a $100 for me. The only problem I had was one day when I left my room at noon, it was not cleaned when I got back. I called down and someone came right up and changed the towels and made the bed. I appreciated that; I've had hotels tell me I was out of luck before when that happened.

All in all, I would recommend this place to a single traveler especially--but probably not families due to the size of the rooms. Maybe a couple. I don't know what the two-bedded rooms were like.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank readymade
Reviewed January 7, 2009

My husband and I got a really great rate ($96.00/night) at this hotel. Granted, we stayed in early January--a downtime for NYC hotels. I had booked in part because of the price and in part because of the reviews read here. Everything was better than I expected. We stayed on the 21st floor and had a nice view. The room appears to have been very recently remodeled/updated. Yes, the room is small, as nearly all Manhattan hotel rooms are. Yes, sometimes we had to wait a few minutes for the elevator but it was much better than I had anticipated after having read other reviews here. The room and the entire hotel were very clean. The staff at the reception desk were incredibly friendly and helpful. They seemed very genuine and appeared to want us to really enjoy our stay. The location is great. IT is a nice, clean, safe, hotel. We got our great rate on their website. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank viajero5
Reviewed January 4, 2009

We have just returned from a six day trip to new york and were a bit nervous of some of the comments regarding the staff and the lifts in this hotel. However we were very pleasantly surprised. We arrived on Xmas Day (family of 5 - children aged 15. 15 and 20), were greeted very nicely by reception, and then took the lift up to the 20th floor no bother. The rooms are small admittedly but have everything you need. Only gripe would be that the cleaners congregated outside our room each morning as that was where the trolleys were kept. We could not fault the reception - they went out of their way to be friendly, and the lifts worked reasonably quickly at all times. The position is good - just a few blocks away from Macys and then on up 5th Avenue - what more could you ask for?!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family