Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$139
$119
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$162
$124
Savings alert! 49% below average rates

The price you found is 49% lower than this hotel's average rate of $245/night.

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$197
$186
$134
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$187
$180
GardenInn.com
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$152
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$284
$242
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Restaurant
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$139
$90
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of $158/night.

Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$169
$159
Park Central
  • Bar/Lounge
1,388 results
All reviewsthe holiday innthe empire state buildingnew yorkpenn stationrooms are smalltimes squaretwo double bedsmadison square gardenfront desk staffwhole foodsfreedom towerlocation is greatmin walkcentral locationlate checkaround the cornerstreet noise
Reviewed March 14, 2014

The hotel room was small but very clean and silent, the furniture was new, only the mattress was not very good. I wish there was a fridge in the room although an ice machine was available in some floors. We enjoyed a great view from our room window and the staff was friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms with fridge are available on request and are charged. If you can't book a room with a fridge, ask to stay in a room close to an ice machine. Also ask for a room with a view if possible.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lucosta
Mike W, General Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Hi Lucosta - Thank you for sharing your experience with the world! We truly value your feedback.

We're glad you enjoyed the view from your room, and our Team will be thrilled you recognized the great service they strive to provide. Also, we actually do have fridges available upon request, should you need one in the future.

Thank you again - we hope to see you if you're even in the Chelsea neighborhood!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Let me start by saying it wasn't all bad..Pilar at the front door is the sweetest person you will meet. The staff in the restaurant are also extremely nice. We even had some great housekeepers but from there it's all down hill!! Elevators take you on average 5-15 min to get on and when you say something you get the run around about time delay. NOT the case, it is house keeping holding it up as it's their only way to get up and down. You press the button for your floor and it passes you by like 5 or 6 times...Also I believe the staff M-TH are a whole lot nicer than what you deal with on Friday. Just my opinion of course. Also be aware if you try to take the stairs it DOES NOT get you to the lobby...you have to go outside and around. Yup so if you are not dressed properly you are in trouble. Never have I had such a horrible experience trying to get to the lobby.
Food in the restaurant is very good, but beware of the different rules as far as their "Happy Hour" goes or you won't be happy when you get your tab. It is only in certain seats..yes you read that right..you have to be within the walls of the lounge. If you eat on patio or in what they consider dinning area you are charged FULL price. I have never heard of such a thing?
The room was adequate, nothing to big but very typical for NYC..and it was clean and quiet.
Now my service stars for for the fact that they didn't seem to care about the concerns of the elevator..they just blew me off!! Not good customer service at all there.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark C

Hi Mark C - Thank you for providing us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. I would ask that you kindly email me directly at gm@hi-nyc.com so that I may personally look into the issues you listed here.

Our restaurant, Prime Cafe, does not base the happy hour pricing on where you sit. I am unsure where this misunderstanding came from.

While it is true we have two elevators servicing the entire building, we do have weight sensors on them. When they have reached capacity, they go straight to the lobby to unload. The elevator then goes back up in the order it was called. I apologize for this, but it is actually an efficient way of unloading and reloading the elevator cars.

Again, please email me at gm@hi-nyc.com so that I can fully understand the issues during your stay.

Thank you.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

This hotel provides a great value in a great location. Service is excellent, and the staff is VERY friendly. You can tell they enjoy working there, always smiling :)

There were a couple of downsides to this hotel. The rooms were small (We, my wife, daughter and I ) were always on top of each other - and I kept referring to it as cozy. But it is Manhattan and you get what you pay for. Plus, you don't go to NYC to hang around in a hotel room.

The hotel also had some noise issues; partly from guests and partly from street noise. Again, it is Manhattan...

Overall I would recommend this hotel for a weekend jaunt into the city.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to avoid street noise
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Mike W, General Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Hi Ed M - Thank you for sharing your experience with the world! Our Team really does enjoy working here, and we are glad you recognized that. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Yes rooms and bathrooms are small (but it's New York so that's really no issue) and the lifts can be very slow - that's ok we just took the stairs a couple of times. The real issue for me was that I just couldn't get a good night's sleep in this hotel. The pillows were tiny and both beds in our room were noisy (creaking metal every time you moved), it just didn't make for a good night's sleep after spending all day out and about. Location is great but there are other Holiday Inns nearby where I've slept a lot better. Might have just been an unlucky experience but I'd be trying to stay somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Try for a lower floor in case you need to use the stairs when lift is slow.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Hi ll72 - Thank you for your candid feedback. We are thrilled you enjoyed our great location! We apologize, however, about your lack of comfortable sleep. If you have a chance, please email me directly at gm@hi-nyc.com so that I may personally inspect the room you stayed in. Your experience is certainly not typical of our Holiday Inn, and hope you choose to give us another chance in the future.

Thank you!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Pleasantly surprised with this hotel. The room of 2 double beds was a good enough size for our family of 4 even with 2 teenagers. The breakfast was really good especially the pancake maker which we all loved using many times and the cinnamon buns were amazing.
The bonus was the location, just round the corner from the Empire State Building even if we didn't get a view of it - supposedly no family rooms do. We were also minutes away from Macy's and other shops but a lot of tacky tourist ones nearby, but it felt great walking about fifth avenue. Plenty of restaurants nearby and an Irish bar across the road although we didn't go but we did hear it on the Friday night till late.
We were also in walking distance to Times Square 20/30 mins - and felt fine walking back at night.
Very little to fault with this hotel - felt like we got good value for money.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family