I stayed one night before having to catch a flight to JFK. Note: it's a little bit of a hike to Penn station with luggage if you're thinking of using airtrain. I checked in very late, around 2am and the agent was by helpful reconfirmed my room type and assisted me with a late check out as a priority club member. The lobby is somewhat small but such is the case in Manhattan, where space is at a premium.
There are two elevators and they are quick to get around. I stayed on the 19th floor and had a view of the city. The beds are comfortable but is not very big, I didn't spend much time in the room but it fit my needs. He tv worked great and so did the AC/heater. The shower was adequate but the sink somewhat small.
The receptionist in the morning was able to hold my bags before my super shuttle arrived to take me to the airport. There is a lovely outdoor seating area, which I'm sure is nice to sit at in warm weather and for smokers yearlong.
Will definitely stay again for a short stay. Location is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting on the cusp of trendy Chelsea and the picturesque Flatiron District Enjoy comfort at the newly renovated Holiday Inn Manhattan 6th-Ave Chelsea. Located in the heart of the Chelsea neighborhood, we are close enough to the action of the Big Apple, yet secluded enough to enjoy a quiet night's sleep. Attractions such as Times Square, Empire State Building, Flatiron Building, Chelsea Market, Herald Square and Macy's, Madison Square Garden, Broadway, and the Fashion Institute of Technology are within reach. Whatever your reason for coming to New York City, let us provide an experience you will never forget. Families and Corporate travelers alike will feel at home in our newly renovated lobby and restaurant space. Hotel amenities include a full-service restaurant and lounge, Prime Cafe, a 24-hour Business Center, 24-hour Fitness Center and complimentary high-speed Internet access. Want to stay in? Take advantage of our convenient room service. Feeling adventurous? Our on-site concierge is happy to secure sightseeing tour tickets, Broadway theatre tickets, shopping coupons and discounts, and even helicopter tours! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Splitty, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Nyc - Manhattan 6th Avenue Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn