Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Fitness center
Innside by Melia New York NoMad(New York City)
  • Pool
Hotel Hayden(New York City)
  • Fitness center
1,369 results
All reviewsthe holiday innthe empire state buildingnew yorkpenn stationrooms are smalltimes squaretwo double bedsmadison square gardenfront desk staffwhole foodsfreedom towerlocation is greatmin walkcentral locationlate checkaround the cornerstreet noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Good location in the middle of Manhattan. Great food/dining locations all around. Coffee shops etc. Metro just a block or two away. Good bars around as well. Rooms were small. Got there late and got the last room in the hotel and it was one king for 3 of us. Room was basically just the bed, room was super tiny. Staff was VERY gracious, friendly. Promised to change us to a two double next day and did right away. The 1st night though was very uncomfortable. Room was so tiny, but the two doubles were a decent size. Beds comfy, bathroom standard. Saw a celebrity actor in he lobby (that was a +). Bar downstairs. Hotel Good for priceline price.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear medinaduf,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. However, we are thankful that you enjoyed your stay despite some issues. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Rooms are not as big as normal hotel rooms. However it is good enough because it is clean. Location is also perfect for where we intended to go. Few blocks from Penn Station, walking distance to Broadway and Times Square.
They also have a restaurant downstairs, with decent priced food. Free Internet was a big plus since we were posting a lot of pictures. My view was the Empire State Building!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank giemony
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Well, it's a Holiday Inn, and for that it's pretty nice. My first room was tiny, but they got it ready for me as I was checking in early--this was nice. But it was handicapped-accessible with a shower that spilled water all over the floor, so after one night I changed to the room next door. And the bonus was that this place was much larger. So, tip: wait for a regular room, I guess.

The lobby is small and nothing special, but it works!

Staff is incredibly accommodating and sincerely friendly--not the huge fake friendly "yes, sir" stuff you get in more expensive places. Every time I had a request, they tried to help out. The only minor complaint is that when I left at 10:00 one day and asked if I could have the room clean before 2:00 so I could bring people back, I was told that didn't fit their plan and maybe it couldn't be done--and it wasn't done. But the hotel was half empty I think, so not sure why they had to adhere to the plan to clean checking-out rooms first. Oh well.

The neighborhood is great, for every kind of shopping, including picking up quick food that's not McDonald's.

Room Tip: Don't get a handicap room--wait for a regular one.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank bkcarolina
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time I stayed at this hotel! The first time, customer service was lacking! This time everything was perfect! Rooms are very clean, small, but it's NYC! Location is great! I will return to this property for sure!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Very clean and well appointed. Yes the rooms are small but this is typical of the NYC unless you spend a fortune. My concern is always cleanliness. Do you get grossed up by touching anything in the room? Not here. Felt very comfortable. The staff is great. I had an issue with my reservation via Priceline because of the snowstorm. Matt at the front desk worked with Priceline and I for an hour while the issue was resolved to my satisfaction. Hotel is convenient to restaurants, coffee bars and pharmacy. Pretty quiet for the city.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business