I can only say good things about the hotel. The rooms were clean, small but adequate and not small for NYC. Most rooms had only stall showers and no tub, closets were in furniture, not built in. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the business center useful so I left my laptop at home. The location is excellent, you can walk so many places, Madison Sq. Park (not gardens as another reviewer wrote), Eataly, Grand Central, Empire St. Bldg, Madison Sq. Garden, and subways for everything else. Most of the rooms face walls or an alley but the reward for no view is absolute quiet. The street view rooms do hear the street and bar sounds from across the street.
My only complaint has to do with the restaurant so should not influence your choosing this hotel. We were two couples and on Christmas Eve we returned from the days adventures to see a chalkboard out front offering $1 oysters at certain hours. When we showed up for them we were told, "oh no, not on a holiday" and they rushed out to bring in the sign. We were most unhappy, it was raining and this seemed a perfect answer about what to do for dinner. They said well, the regular price is only $2. They really should have honored this for us, we saw a sign, they put out. Needless to say we had dinner elsewhere and you will soon see those reviews.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting on the cusp of trendy Chelsea and the picturesque Flatiron District Enjoy comfort at the newly renovated Holiday Inn Manhattan 6th-Ave Chelsea. Located in the heart of the Chelsea neighborhood, we are close enough to the action of the Big Apple, yet secluded enough to enjoy a quiet night's sleep. Attractions such as Times Square, Empire State Building, Flatiron Building, Chelsea Market, Herald Square and Macy's, Madison Square Garden, Broadway, and the Fashion Institute of Technology are within reach. Whatever your reason for coming to New York City, let us provide an experience you will never forget. Families and Corporate travelers alike will feel at home in our newly renovated lobby and restaurant space. Hotel amenities include a full-service restaurant and lounge, Prime Cafe, a 24-hour Business Center, 24-hour Fitness Center and complimentary high-speed Internet access. Want to stay in? Take advantage of our convenient room service. Feeling adventurous? Our on-site concierge is happy to secure sightseeing tour tickets, Broadway theatre tickets, shopping coupons and discounts, and even helicopter tours! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, IHG, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Nyc - Manhattan 6th Avenue Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn