“Nice location, clean rooms, and comfortable.”

Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea
Ranked #337 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I recently stayed here for family business and had a comfortable stay. We drove in to town and parked at a close parking garage (easier than anticipated). There were 3 adults in our party and we surprisingly fit comfortably into a room with 2 double beds. I will say that I think this is the smallest hotel room I have every stayed in- but it is NY. Very clean, nice linens, our room was a smoking room however had no odor. Also very quiet and great air conditioning.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed July 16, 2011

We have been with our kids in NY for 3 nights, and we booked a room with double beds at HOliday Inn. When we arrived at the hotel the staff( unfrendly staff) told to us that the room is not more available so one of our child has on the floor the accommodation:( The manager told to us that a next day will give to us another room but the next day we have received another small room and they refuse to put in our room a crib bed for our 2years doughter. Very unfrendly people and we paid 299$ per night. And another bed news is that they have BED BUGS!!! I am back from this hotel with a lot of itching:( Do not take this hotel!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Amsterdam091
Reviewed July 8, 2011

My first stay in New York, I only needed a room for two days and I was cramming my entire trip with activities from morning until night time, so I'd barely be spending anytime in my room. Yes, the room is tiny, its NYC, and I got a heck of a bargain through Hotwire so I can't complain there. The location was great, 2 blocks from a subway station. When I arrived and settled into my room, I realized I was put in a room in the front of the hotel and directly in front of the elevator, I could have long jumped into the elevator. I could hear the noise from the front of the building and I could hear every single person getting on/off the elevator. I was asked to move and got moved higher up the 9th higher facing a residential building. I could see into the window and could even see what program he was watching. Thus, the blinds were closed the entire trip. I ate at the restaurant, which was empty, there was only one other table besides us. The service there was excellent. The food was pretty good for hotel restaurant food.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MsDanger
Reviewed July 2, 2011

I stayed here for 4 nights and found the hotel to be fine and in a pleasant area of Manhattan which felt safe waking around the area and on up to Time Square.

The underground is 2 blocks away and so only a couple of minutes by foot.

The room was quite small but apparently that's normal for New York so I am not going to complain about that.

I paid the extra for a view of The Empire State Building and wasn't disapointed seeing the place light up in different colours each night and on my first day and following morning half covered by the mist looking spectacular.

Happy hour in the bar was great and with a board behind the bar displaying clearly all the different beers they stocked me and my mate tried them all during our stay.

Justin the lad behind the bar was friendly and provided exellent service and we did have a snack of buffallo wings from the restaurant which were excellent too.

I must say all the food being served look delicious.

Whilst there a bulb went in the lamp and the flush on the toilet broke and so we reported both these problems on the way out for the day and when we retuned both had been rectified.

The hotel offers free Wi-fi which for the non U.S travellers is obviously useful if you have internet access on your mobile and want to keep in touch with the world whilst your away.

I would definately recommend this hotel to others when travelling to New York

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank owl-zat
Reviewed June 30, 2011

This is the first time I've stayed outside of midtown and wish I would have done it sooner. So much less crowded in this neighborhood. I liked the location and accessibility to both midtown and downtown.
It is everything you can expect from a HI but in miniature. A tiny lobby, just two elevators (occassional wait time), small lounge, small hallways, and small rooms. The rooms are sort of like staying in an RV.
Hotel staff all around were wonderful although some had difficulty with English.
I plan on staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ryan.W
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed for a quick weekend trip to the city. Loved proximity to subway, easy to get uptown and downtown easily. Spent the extra 20 on a view of the Empire State Building, which was lovely to look at both morning and night with all the lights on. Room around corner from elevator was amazingly quiet -- NO noise from neighbors at all! That was greatly appreciated. Bathroom is small and super well-organized, whole place was very clean. We walked over and back from Penn Station, it wasn't far enough to need a taxi (except if you have large bags or kids, then maybe a taxi would help).

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The hotel was nice, standard look for a newer or newly remodeled hotel. The staff was adequate. There was a lot of traffic in the small lobby, but the atmosphere was adult. Meaning there were no families and no young adults. The room was tiny. The original plan was for there to be three people in the room but the third person fell ill and had to back out. It worked out for the best because of the room size. We arrived late due to flight being rerouted. The staff didnt give me a problem about that but the rate they asked for when I arrived was $80 more than I had book online. After providing an email confirmation in print and online via cell phone. I was told that the manager would have to take care of it in the morning. Inevitably I was given a credit on the room and cash back on checkout. Make sure to bring print outs of confirmations. If you book directly and not through a booking engine, request that it be sent in an email. Besides these issues I was in town to shop and the location is great to all parts of manhattan via sbwy station (1 red line) one block away. You are only 10 mins away by sbwy to Times Square, but walk isnt that bad. Also you are 20 mins away by sbwy to lower manhattan. I ate at nearby eateries Cafeteria and Johnny's 25th. Also there is Whole Foods and a Dallas BarBQue within 10 mins walking. This hotel is good for its location.

Room Tip: Top flrs hav great views of lowr Manhatten