“Comfortable beds good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Times Square South

Comfort Inn Times Square South
Ranked #255 of 479 Hotels in New York City
Galil
“Comfortable beds good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

We Took a room with 2 king beds for 10nights.

Pros:
Location:Two blocks from Port authority Bus Terminal, and Times sq. Is very close too.
Comfortable beds. Clean, spacious bathroom
Linen and towels are clean and of good quality
Coffee machine
Breakfast
Cons:
No fridge, very limited storage space
Public areas are tiny and dated (lobby &breakfast room).
Price

Service- I will report again after we checkout
They agreed to enable late checkout, which is very nice, and were creative and flexible about it.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Mira12013
CITS_Manager, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Times Square South, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Mira12013,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us! We hope to have you stay with us again upon your next visit!

Best regards,

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
atl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago for 5 nights and had a great experience. Booked the pay in advance rate through choicehotels.com and got a decent rate of $190/night plus taxes. Hotel is centrally located on the west side of midtown, close to anything and everything. Check in was fast and easy, front desk staff friendly enough. I had to book a separate reservation for my first night (that I paid for with points) and the only freebie room they had was two doubles, so I knew I would have to change rooms on the second day. There was a little confusion with the front desk staff over this and I found myself explaining the situation several times to different people at the check in desk. In the end they figured it out and even gave me the exact room I asked for, a king on a high floor on the front of the hotel. Yes, the room was smaller than a typical hotel room in any other city, but I found it to be a pretty standard size for Manhattan. I have stayed in MUCH smaller hotel rooms in NYC and had no problems with the size of the room. The room was squeaky clean, very nicely appointed and the bed was comfy. Daily service was spot on and there's a small safe that I stored my iPad in while out of the room. Only went down for coffee on one morning and, as others have pointed out, the breakfast room is kinda small, so just grabbed my coffee and went back up to my room to enjoy it. No big deal. Overall, this is a perfectly nice hotel in a great area of Manhattan and I would definitely stay here again. Only the super picky might find fault with the Comfort Inn Times Square South!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
CITS_Manager, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Times Square South, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Dear nyclover18,

We thank you for your honest review! We strive to make every guest experience a perfect one! As hospitality professionals our team is very focused on getting the exact details for your reservation so that we ensure that your accommodations are exactly what you are expecting.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and were able to indulge in our prime location! We will welcome you with open arms upon your next visit once again!

With kind regards,

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I was skeptical after reading reviews- but I found it convenient, clean, and just perfect for a jaunt through the city. I will definitely stay there again (but not for the free breakfast- needs improv)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Kristen P,

We thank you dearly for sharing your stellar review about your stay. We are so excited our charming location was to your liking and that we were close to your areas of interest. I am grateful that you have mentioned that you will return in your future visits. We love making special moments and endless memories so your stay is always special and unique.We all would be honored to welcome you back and create another wonderful experience.

With kind regards,

Spring, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We needed something close to the action but didn't want to break the bank. I booked through the loyalty program and paid up front for the best rate.

Located just a block from the bus terminal and very near the ABC subway, this location is ideal for a casual tourist. Times Square and Broadway are within walking distance.

We were greeted very cordially by Leo, got checked in and took the quick elevator ride to the 15 floor. There are only four rooms per floor and they are rather small. Ours had two doubles and sometimes it was tight. The entry door would scrape the bathroom door handle whenever we opened it. But things were comfortable and clean (except the shower curtain needed changing and that sort of affected the entire room. I asked for a new one and I think they changed it a couple days later).

Maid service was good. The breakfast room is very cramped and navigating through breakfast with the other guests was sometimes difficult. The food was okay.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They were always happy to take the time to help with a restaurant rec or directions, train info, etc.The location is very good. I would definitely stay here again.

3 Thank mycle22
CITS_Manager, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Times Square South, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Mycle22,

It is wonderful to hear you had a pleasant stay with us, and enjoyed our hotel's centralized location and amazing staff!!! We hope you had a wonderful stay in New York City, and we would love the opportunity to impress you once again on your next visit with us.

Fargo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

We loved this hotel. From the moment we stepped through the door we were treated like family. We were always greeting upon returning and told to "have a great day" when we left. The rooms were seriously small, I literally slept on the air conditioner with a pillow pressed between the wall and bed. The window sill was the only place that had room for my suitcase. But, everything was updated and very clean. The breakfast room was also small had hard to move through, but there is free breakfast and that is hard to find in NYC! The location made me a bit nervous at night, there is a club right next room with hookers, but inside the hotel I felt very safe. Times Square and theater district are a few blocks away as is the subway and Port Authority. There is also a Duane Reed a block away and that is very handy. I highly recommend this hotel and will defiantly make this my NYC hotel of choice!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
CITS_Manager, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Times Square South, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Dear SullyND,

We thank you dearly for sharing your fantastic review about your stay! We are very pleased that our ideal location was to your liking and that we were close to your areas of interest. We are happy to hear that you were able to indulge with our service and amenities. We strive in creating special moments and endless memories so that your stay is always special and unique. Your wonderful compliments about our hotel, service excellence and professional staff are greatly appreciated. We would all be honored to welcome you back and create another wonderful experience here at the Comfort Inn Times Square South because everyone that stays with us is like family!

Hilo, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for four nights. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Yes, the room was small, but it was well-designed. There was a space to place and open up our large suitcase and stow our carry-ons and even child booster seat. The location of the hotel was convenient. Very close to many subway lines. It is on the fringe of Times Square, making it very convenient, yet not incredibly hectic. My family, which included two children under 10, enjoyed this home away from home and would definitely stay here again.

Dear renaka2,

I'm glad that you enjoyed your New York City experience and your stay with us. We would love for you to come back and experience even more.Should your travels bring you back to NYC, please think of the Comfort Inn Times Square South Hotel your "home away from home".

Greenville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This hotel has a great staff!! The hotel rooms are small but updated, very clean and the beds are comfortable, which I worried about before we got there. We took my daughter's baby and they were extremely helpful with any needs we had. We got there several hours before we could check in and they offered us breakfast and kept our bags so we could explore New York before check-in. If we needed an extra towel, they were at our door within minutes. This hotel is close to the Port Authority and only a couple of blocks to Times Square. The staff was helpful with directions and gave advice on places to eat. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Dear Beth C,

We want to extend our sincerest gratitude for taking the time to share your experience and to highlight all the wonderful things you enjoyed about your stay. Thank you again for choosing the Comfort Inn Times Square South and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit.

Kind Regards,

3.5 of 5 stars 638 reviews
Quality Inn
#48 of 68 in Brooklyn
3.0 of 5 stars 28 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn Times Square South? Share your experiences!