“BEST STAY IN NY EVER!!”

Ranked #271 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Long Beach, California
“BEST STAY IN NY EVER!!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The hotel is a great price in a great location...which great prices always seem a little scary for NYC. I am always afraid I will end up some where disgusting. This hotel is CLEAN, the staff is NICE, and there is BREAKFAST!! There is no need to stay anywhere else! This is my hotel from now on!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank aleakatan
timessquare_gm, General Manager at Comfort Inn Times Square South, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Guest!,,,

We are the best kept secret in New York!!! Come on back! We take great pride in putting our hearts into our work; we aim to make all our guests happy....see you soon!

kind regards,

The Comfort Inn Times Square South Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Wonder little place, very close to Time Square. Rooms are small but that is typical for nyc. Room was very clean and comfortable. Staff was wonderful in taking care of our needs. We would recommend this hotel to our friends and relatives.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 932Mike
timessquare_gm, General Manager at Comfort Inn Times Square South, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you so much!!

We love our guests and are so happy you enjoyed our New York City hospitality!! Come back soon and enjoy the lovely Fall season and holiday spirit!!..We may even have Pumpkin Spice Waffles on the menu!

Kind regards,

The Comfort Inn Times Square South Team!!
cheshire
Reviewed September 24, 2012

this is the second time we have been to New York and second hotel we have stayed in. It says Times Square, but it isn't that close we had to do quite a bit of walking to get to times square. It was clean, but a bit dated, could do with updating a bit. Don't think I would use it again..

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest!

How about coming back and seeing how comfortable and happy we can make your return visit! I will take the liberty of calling you to see when you would like to come back and reserve your room directly.

Kind regards,

The Comfort Inn Times Square South Team (and GM!!)
Keller, Texas
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We looked at a lot of places near the theater district and this was by far the least expensive and it included a good breakfaast which in NYC can be expensive. It is very close to all theaters, times square and the subway. This will be the first hotel we look at for our next trip to NYC

Room Tip: We chose high floor and in back and it was very quiet. Elevators are slow but not a real problem.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bruce B
Saint Cloud, Florida
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I needed A hotel for one nite and did a search for a hotel close to where I needed to be. So that is why I picked Comfort Inn Times Square South.

First the good:
1. Location. a few minute walk from where I needed to be.
2. The room, bedding, floors and bathroom was clean. I even looked under the mattress sheet to check the mattress its self and the mattress was in one of those mattress covers, also new and clean.
3. the Bed, pillows seemed OK to me.
4. With the exception of the AC unit, it was quiet.
5. The shower water pressure was good and hot water was good.
6. Fast check in, fast check out.
7. Free breakfast

Now the bad.
1. There was NO ANSWER when I call using the phone # on my confirmation email, I tried many times, wanted to confirm the check in time, had to hope for the best when I got there. I told the desk and they were surprised to hear the number did not work
2. The room was small! It was so small, that the AC/heat unit TOUCHED the bed with NO space, not a concern for me as I used it in the cool mode, but I would have concern if its used in heat mode, I can just imagine the bed going on fire? Probably not but just passing on the info.
3. The alarm clock was broken. Its a good thing I tested it the nigh before to find out it did not work, had to use iPhone alarm clock app :)
4. The through the Wall AC/heat unit was noisy, but I was able to sleep through it.
5. They use satellite TV and it went out for a time due to a storm, I just wanted to relax and watch some senseless TV and could not.
6. The shower curtain was NOT a shower curtain! a LOT of water ended up on the floor! I sopped it up with towels, but I can imagine the water has to leak to lower floors.
7. I think the rate was a little high - 345 a night.

Not upset by my stay, it did the job, not trying to bash the place, just observe and reporting. If you are in the Times Square area and you need a place to sleep and free breakfast, I guess its OK.

Room Tip: 14 floor seemed quiet, no street noise
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business