“Exquisite”

Ranked #309 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Detroit, Michigan
“Exquisite”
Reviewed March 1, 2011

From the moment I walked in the building everyone was extremely accomodating. My flight came in early, so I was worried about checking into my room. As I entered the lobby/check in area, a very sweet blonde lady helped me with my reservation. She was fast, had a great attitude, and she upgraded my room.
When I got to my room, everything was extremely clean, the shower was amazing. The bed was perfect. I had absolutley everything I needed. The mini bar was fully stocked. Room service was fast and food was wonderful.
As I checked out the next morning, again I saw the same lady. Again, everything was great and I headed to the airport.
My stay at the Empire Hotel, was wonderful. The surrounding area had some great restaraunts !!!.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (971)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wantagh, New York
Reviewed March 1, 2011

The hotel was absolutely beautiful and really loved staying there. So looking forward to going back when the roof top pool is open in the spring. Definitely recommnend this hotel. Great location and wonderful staff as well.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 28, 2011

This nicely-located hotel looks very stylish and seemed like it would be a good spot for us to crash after being in NYC for a baby shower one weekend. However, our room on the 10th floor (which is 2 floors below the rooftop nightclub) was vibrating from the bass beat of the club until 4am. I got no sleep. Upon calling the front desk to see if we could get a room change the night manager Erik told me they were sold out but he would call the club to ask them to turn down the volume and send up a pair of earplugs. Really? of course the club did not adjust the volume at all, and the earplugs never arrived. Also, our bathroom was laughably small. It literally fit a walk-in shower, commode, and tiny sink that was facing a wall - you could not stand in front of the sink as there was only about 3 inches between the front of the sink and the wall. You have to stand in front of the toilet and lean over in order to see yourself in the mirror. Makes it difficult to do hair or makeup. Lastly, teh room was too hot. It is Feb and we had to turn the AC on high all night, which resulted in a tolerable temperature, but not even cool. We had relatives staying in a double room on the 8th floor, and while they couldn't hear the club from that floor, their room was also a toaster.

Bottom line is this is not a hotel that worries about its guests returning by providing good customer service. If you do choose to stay here, I hope you are either planning on club-hopping until the wee hours or manage to snag a lower-floor room.

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

clark, nj
Reviewed February 27, 2011

I needed a quick getaway with my wife, and booked a "4 star hotel in the central park area" on Hotwire, not knowing what I would get. The service was excellent; the room beautiful and very clean; the staff accomodating in every way.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Mike, Daniel and Jose set the tone for the hotel at the front door. We expected help with luggage and doors opened but they went the extra mile. Arriving, we were greeted with 'welcome to the Empire Hotel'. Each morning, we were greeted with a 'good morning' plus 'is there anything I can do for you this morning'. Each afternoon or night, we were greeted with 'welcome back, did you have a good day?' We began smiling when approaching them because we knew one or all would be there. Then there was the front desk. Mariana, Gabriel and Sean (the manager) were helpful in resolving our difficulties and in helping us with directions. We had problems with the heat and the water temperature in the shower. They were always gracious. We had a chance to experience the bar area. The bartenders, Mike and Frank, made drinks we requested although they had never made them before. They stopped by to see if we were enjoying them and to ask if there was anything that would improve the drink. Our waitress, I believe you spell her name, Nyahale, was a jewel. She recommended a light supper for us based on selective questioning and served us as honored guests. This hotel will be my hotel of choice on my next trip to New York City.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Leawood, Kansas
Reviewed February 25, 2011

Fun vibe, friendly staff. Great place to stay especially if you need or want to be by Lincoln Center.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed February 24, 2011

I have stayed here in the past... small but ok... This last visit I discovered that that the rooms have not been maintained.... shotty showers, bar not refilled, A/C grills dented. This last time, I had a City view and the room was a challenge to move about in(by myself).... the bathroom was beyond tiny(I'm a 5'6 women/size 2), no vanity and I had to put a towel down in the sink in order to have a place to set my make-up etc...Called the spa and heard women yelling abt appts etc(joke and hung up) .Third and last time....

Pros... great lounge feel when you enter and location is central... Starbucks, Rosa Mexicana and PJClarks's around the corner...

Don't stay here and you can leave your Xanax at home!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo