Empire Hotel
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$189
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$171
$152
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$187
$114
$365
$322
  • Room Service
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
  • Fitness center
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$349
$271
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$250
$239
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
$167
$136
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$159
$120
Park Central
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
6,546 results
All reviewslincoln centered's chowder housegossip girlpool deckcentral parkcolumbus circlegreat locationrooftop barnew yorkupper west sidejunior suiterooms are smallaround the cornertimes squarenycstarbuckssubway
Reviewed February 20, 2011

I stayed at the Empire Hotel with a friend for 4 nights a few days before Christmas and was really impressed. I would say this hotel is more suited for younger people.When you first enter it seems more like a night club rather than a hotel and there is an actual night club at the very top. We didn't spend much time in our hotel but the time that we did we really enjoyed ourselves. Had the nicest cocktails I've ever had, however they are quite pricey but nevertheless worth it :)
The staff we encountered were helpful and friendly. On our arrival are room got upgraded too.with out us asking. I wouldn't be put off by the night club at the top of the hotel, it did not effect us getting a good nights sleep and we were 6 floors up. Can't comment on the food as we did not eat anything there, but the hotel was very clean and the maid service excellent. I would stay at this hotel again if going back to New York.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
EmpireManagement, Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2011

Dear nanrach123,

My name is Jennifer Baldwin and I am the Assistant General Manager of The Empire Hotel. I am so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and wanted to personally thank you for providing us with your feedback on TripAdvisor. I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our beautiful property in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed February 19, 2011

We checked with out 2 teen kids. We were a Mom, Dad, Teen 1 and Teen 2. There were 3 towels in the room. No wash clothes, no hand towels, just three bath towels. No BATH MAT. NO WASH CLOTHES, NOTHING, but 3 bath towels, for 4 people. When the kids got ready for bed, they found a note from the last occupants of the room tucked in between the headboard and mattress of one of the beds. Finally, there was NO SHOWER DOOR. NO BATH MAT. The whole TINY bathroom was soaked. Yet we still had NO towels. This hotel was not nice, and not worth the price. Many others are better.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2011

One of the girls helping in the lobby during Fashion Week went out of her way to answer questions and welcome me as I worked on the mezzanine. She gave me a card with the name Lauren on it. Just want to thank you for a nice experience. Although I was not a guest that day, I will definitely like to stay at the hotel if the staff is that friendly.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo

Dear boatman054,

As the Assistant General Manager, I can't thank you enough for providing us your feedback on how our Team assisted you during Fashion Week. This may be the first time I have received a review from someone who did not stay at the Hotel, but nevertheless was moved to still write such a glowing review! Thank you so much!!! We are very proud to be involved in Fashion Week and are already preparing for September. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you as our guest in the near future.

Reviewed February 19, 2011

We stayed at the Empire Hotel during NY Fashion Week 2011. The hotel was fully booked and very busy. They had 3 models greeting guests in the lobby. The models, Lauren, Brooke and man were very help; maybe even more so than the hotel staff. They did a great job helping the guests.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear duderoy,

Thank you for your feedback on The Empire Hotel on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us during Fashion Week. As the Assistant General Manage of the Hotel,
I have to agree that our Lobby Ambassadors did an incredible job assisting all our guests. I look forward to sharing your posting with them! Hope to see you again in September!

Reviewed February 18, 2011

My partner and i recently stayed at the Empire hotel for 7 nights. This was a surprise trip for my partners 30th birthday. Months before we arrived at the hotel i emailed them to ask if there was anything they offered on arrival as a special touch as it was a special holiday, a few weeks later i had no reply from them so forwarded the email again saying i would appreciate if someone could acknowledge my email and return an answer- still no reply! When we arrived at the hotel nothing was mentioned about my emails and we were allocated our room which was a bit on the small side but nice enough and clean. The only problem was when you had a shower there wasn't a full door on it just a glass covering where the shower head was so each time you had a shower the bathroom floor would flood! I should of reported this but as i'm quite laid back i didn't want to make an issue of it. The absolutely worst thing about the hotel are the rude front desk staff. We were only staying with the Empire on room only basis so didn't have much to do with them, but the few occassions we needed them they were awful. On one occassion we needed to speak with concierge, she wasn't at her desk so i asked another guy behind the desk where she was. He snapped shes on a break, i asked if he knew when she would be back, and he screamed i don't know maybe 15 - 20mins then just shouted can i help the next in line! Not can i help with anything or take a message so she can get back to you. Another horrible experience was when i needed to change some travellers cheques, the lady behind the desk said sure thats fine you need to sign them and show me your passport. I did this then she disappeared and came back with the manager who told me i needed to re sign, i questioned this as i had already signed and she said, yes you've actually sign in the wrong place, if you don't re sign you don't get your money so signature please! I think some serious lessons in customer service is badly needed here. The only positive thing about this hotel is the location. I've come away bitterly disappointed with the service i received. Apart from that New York is an incredible place and i will go back, just not at the Empire hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear princess_peach25,

My name is Jennifer Baldwin and I am the Assistant General Manager at the Empire Hotel. Nothing is more disappointing to me than to read a review such as yours identifying that we did not provide you with the level of service you deserve as our valuable guest. Please be assured that the GM and I have personally shared your feedback with our Front Office Team to create an awareness around how their response can greatly impact our guest's experience. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and hope you will consider returning to The Empire in the future.