“Great location and rooftop”
Review of Empire Hotel

Empire Hotel
Ranked #343 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed June 21, 2014

The hotel is located in upper westside. It is across the street from the lincoln center. There is a Starbucks that opens really early (which was great giving jet lag). I had a junior suite which was large enough. Staff is very friendly and you can have an exclusive access to the rooftop if you stay at the hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
John S, Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Hello TinaM0,

Thank you very much for your recent visit to The Empire Hotel and for taking the time to share your experience on our Trip Advisor page.

It is also great to hear that you experienced great service throughout the hotel and enjoyed the exclusive access to The Rooftop. That is the commitment we give to our guests that we provide convenient access to The Rooftop.

Good for you for upgrading to a Junior Suite, this is a great option for guests who need the extra square footage in their guest room. We do look froward to you returning to The Empire Hotel, if there is anything we can assist with between now and then, please email us at gm@empirehotelnyc.com.

Thanks and all the best,

There are newer reviews for Empire Hotel

Reviewed June 21, 2014

My second time staying in New York in January and I had always wanted to stay in the Empire. We had Sparkling Wine on arrival as it would be my birthday whilst we were there and the staff were lovely! If I hadn't of been ill during my stay we would have been in the Hotel bar much more and up on the roofdeck enjoying ourselves. I've visited in the summer and both of these places are a great way to spend an evening or a drink before bed!
Overall the decore is quirky and free wifi in the lobby bar is handy! We were also given free wifi in our room due to my celebration.
I'd stay here every time I visited NYC if I could, more offers please!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Hello Becky J,

Thank you so much for choosing The Empire Hotel to share your birthday celebration. Although six months ago, we REALLY appreciate you sharing your great experience with us, with the Trip Advisor community.

It's awesome that you enjoyed both the Lobby Bar and Rooftop, perhaps you can come back this summer and enjoy our Pool Deck! It is also a perfect venue, but ideal for taking in some rays mid-afternoon and sipping on a few cocktails. This is available exclusively to hotel guests as another great feature of The Empire Hotel!

Hopefully we have the privilege of welcoming you back before next January. Regardless of when we see you next, we invite you to email us at gm@empirehotelnyc.com, as we'd be happy to assist with any and all reservation needs.

Thanks again and all the best!

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I don't know how I missed this hotel prior to my stay there in June 2014? It was affordable & very cozy & staff was very nice & helpful. The room I asked for was quiet & I really enjoyed the cocktail lounge in the lobby, it was great! The pool was not open due to weather but glad to know it is there for the future when I return!

Hello RRMD,

Thank you so much for your recent stay and we are sorry that you missed us as well during your stay in New York, earlier in June! We do appreciate you taking the time to share such kind words about your experience, with the Trip Advisor community.

We are thrilled that you had great service throughout the hotel and specifically in the Lobby Bar. Sorry the weather did not cooperate with your stay and you were unable to enjoy the fantastic Pool Deck. If we have the privilege of welcoming you back before Labor Day, let us know by emailing us at gm@empirehotelnyc.com and we'll ensure you're well taken care of.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Beware the Express rooms, these are tiny rooms no bigger than two closets in size. Not sure what the 'Express' refers to, other than you'll want to get out of that room as fast as you can. Located next to the mechanical closet, tiny bathroom. Disingenuously advertised as a room

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get an express room
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank David B

Hello David B,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Empire Hotel. We are very sorry that you found the room to be far too small for your satisfaction level and needs. We do appreciate you warning the Trip Advisor community that these rooms are small! To be exact, they are 130 square feet and our ultimate desire would be for guests to know this prior to booking, so there are NO surprises upon entering the room.

The reality is, an abundance of guests visit New York City and spend from 1AM-7AM in their guest room, for sleeping purposes. For this population, the size of the guest room is simply not even a remote priority. For many other guests, enjoying the comfort and ambiance is a priority and with this said, we would highly recommend booking a Superior or Deluxe room category.

We thank you for your feedback and do hope that you do consider The Empire Hotel for a future stay, down the road. I think we can all agree on one thing, an Express room will not be within the realm of your consideration!

Reviewed June 20, 2014

The room was very clean and the hotel is in an excellent location right in the heart of Manhattan. Overall a nicely renovated and clean hotel. I didn't use many of the amenities in the hotel itself but you don't have to go far to find anything you might want or need. A short walk to Columbus Circle, Central Park and can even walk to Times Square and the Theater District.

Hello Randall R,

Thank you very much fro your recent stay at The Empire Hotel and for taking the time to share your very positive experience with the Trip Advisor community.

We do appreciate your comments about the cleanliness and conditions of the hotel. In addition, our location is certainly worth mentioning with our immediate proximity to world-renowned locations; Central Park and Lincoln Center to name a few.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to The Empire Hotel. Should you need any assistance, please do email us at gm@empirehotelnyc.com.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

I had the absolute best nights sleep I've ever had in a hotel. I slept better than even my own bed at home. Their bed and pillows are so super comfortable. It's centrally located and near great restaurants too.

Hello Dan P,

Thank you so much for your recent stay and extended generosity of posting an incredible review about your experience. Here at The Empire, we know best that getting a good night's sleep while "on the road" can be difficult, but to have the title of "Best Nights Sleep" is the ultimate reward.

Great as well that you took full advantage of our location and the great restaurants in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. We do look forward to welcoming you back to The Empire Hotel in the very near future and invite you to email us at gm@empirehotelnyc.com if there is anything we can assist with in the meantime.

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

I am very impressed with this hotel's customer service, it exceeded all my expectations.

While rushing through Times Square, my iPhone fell out of my purse. I tried to track it down but failed. I used my daughter's phone to text her number to my lost phone. At this point I lost all hope to ever seeing my beloved phone again. Whilst driving, I received a call on my daughter's phone from the Empire Hotel. The staff who politely greeted me had great news for me. Someone who had stayed at the Empire Hotel had found the phone on the street and turned it to the hotel. He had called to tell me that they had my phone and would hold on to it until I returned to NYC. I was so thrilled that I forgot the gentleman's name! I called the hotel again, but someone else answered the phone, I asked them who had called me that day and how I could pick up my iPhone. The hotel did not know who had the phone, so I asked them to look and search around for the employee that had my phone. This would not be an easy task and could take days, at which point I would be out of NYC. However, this hotel exceeded my expectations (again) and called me back within a few hours. The hotel staff had found the employee who had my phone after extensive searching. I picked up my phone in perfect condition. This hotel has impressed me so much and I hope to stay here next I'm in NYC. Special thanks to Bernard and the staff at the front desk

• Stayed: June 2014
John S, Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Hello Shuye H,

Thank you so much for sharing your amazing recovery experience with the Trip Advisor community! We do hope this demonstrates what The Empire team is capable of and we look forward to welcoming you to The Empire Hotel as a guest.

If we can assist with reservations, please do email us at gm@empirehotelnyc.com and we'll be glad to expedite anything you might need.

Thanks again and all the best,