“Great Views, Plush Bed, and Champagne Dreams”
Review of Empire Hotel

Empire Hotel
Ranked #349 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed August 21, 2013

It was an absolute pleasure to stay at the Empire Hotel this past weekend. Nicole Agnello, the assistant director of front office, was great getting us anything and everything we needed. From extra towels, to champagne on ice - she made sure we were totally taken care of. The hotel also has a beautiful rooftop bar and pool area that has extraordinary views of the Upper West Side, which was a very nice accompaniment to the excellent cocktails served at the bars. Thank you, Nicole, for your incredible assistance!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 21, 2013

The location for the Empire hotel is perfect! I stayed the weekend of the 9th and had a very comfortable stay. The rooftop pool deck is where it's at! The View is great and as far as the staff up there goes ... AMAZING. Thanks especially to Michael the manager to make sure me and the few people i was with feel welcome and made sure we were taken care of. Thanks Michael !!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Joseph R, Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Marisa D,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your most recent stay at The Empire Hotel. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our prime location of our Pool Deck and the service of our friendly staff. I will be sure to share your review with Michael and the Pool Deck team. We cannot wait to have you back! If you ever need a contact at The Empire Hotel, I can be reached at gm@empirehotelnyc.com. The Summer Season is ending soon but there is still a chance to enjoy a cocktail and catch some sun before our Pool Deck closes for the season.

Regards,

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Amazing views from the roof top bar and pool nice way to unwind at the end of a long day sight seeing with a glass of something cold! Nice comfortable, clean rooms and we were upgraded by a lovely man from the front desk Don as it was our honeymoon, he was extremely helpful and polite and responded to all emails straight away prior to the trip.
Nice location surrounded by a nice choice of restaurants near by and walking distance to Central Park. Easy access with a stop near by to open top bus tours too.
Door staff really helpful and always able to get taxi straight away for us.
Would recommend a visit to this hotel all staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear MrsB1912,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. Thank you as well for choosing our hotel to celebrate your honeymoon. I am sure you spent a lot of time researching to select the right hotel to celebrate such a special occasion and I am thrilled that we did not disappoint. I will be sure to share your feedback with Don and the Front Office team. They are truly committed to guest service. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Empire Hotel.

gm@empirehotelnyc.com

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at the Empire in early August ... my son's band was going to play at Lincoln Center. The experience started when I made my reservation and was able to list any requests I might have during my stay ... just one ... a room with a view of the street! I like city noise. On arrival I had exactly what I requested ... a good start. And the stay continued to be positive. The staff is excellent, the room was clean and comfortable, the Lobby Lounge is welcoming and there is a Roof Top Lounge, a wonderful restaurant, a pool (seasonal) and a fitness facility. Walk out the door and you have Lincoln Center and several great restaurants plus you are close to Central Park, 5th Ave. etc. There are cabs just outside the door or the subway is a block or so away.

Room Tip: You are in a very busy City .. take advantage of being able to put in a request when you reserve the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I've stayed here several times on business, but this time I planned a special birthday for my husband and Michelle Lu took such good care of us and our visit to New York. She was so accommodating and so helpful with planning a special weekend. I didn't have to think of anything! I always contact Michelle every time I need a room because I know she will handle my request quickly, accurately, and with great care! The front desk staff helped me out as well with special requests since I was also partially there on business.

The room we had was roomy, clean, and had wonderful windows overlooking the Lincoln Center. It was walking distance to everything and had a restaurant inside for the ultimate convenience. And I didn't have problems with wifi, my keys, or any of those little things that can spoil a stay. What's not to love?

Room Tip: Corner suites are the way to go! Doubles are nice and spacious even though it may have an interior...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear beebcee,

Thank you for the great comments from your recent stay at The Empire Hotel. It was a pleasure to have you and your husband stay with us. I am glad he had a memorable birthday celebration and you had a chance to stay with us for pleasure. Thank you as well for mentioning our dedicated Conference Services Manager, Michelle in your review. I appreciate your loyalty to The Empire Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards,

gm@empirehotelnyc.com

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I've been to the rooftop bar of the Empire Hotel many times while visiting friends in NYC and always had a good time. The layout is spacious and conducive to small or large groups and the view is fairly nice as well. They have ample heating for the colder months to keep the rooftop open longer. However, this review is not really about the rooftop but the hotel. Rooftop 4.5 stars. Hotel 3 stars.

Highlights
- Despite being in between Midtown and the Upper West Side, the location is actually pretty good. You are next to the Lincoln Center, near some nice restaurants and a block from the subway.
- The staff was relatively nice and helpful on balance, especially the bell staff.

Drawbacks
- The room was your typical small, not so clean NYC room; the kind you find in a wannabe boutique hotel. Not horrible, but not great either.
- We didn't sleep well. There was considerable noise coming from elsewhere inside and outside the hotel. I think there was some construction on/near our floor which we were not made aware of beforehand. Furthermore, and not to be nit picky, but the pillows were all uncomfortable. Advice for improvement: provide a variety of pillow softness.
- The quality of the fixtures and the shower was awkward and made for short people. Not a huge deal but worth mentioning.

I should also note that there is a gym. It's small with only cardio equipment for the most part, but it's there and I got full use out of it.

Overall, the experience was pretty average.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Easy_Going_SF
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

The rooms, bathrooms, and beds were small. The keys deactivated constantly. The names of all of the guests in the rooms (3 rooms total 11 guests) were provided yet we still had to have the person that booked the room get a new key. Plastic shower curtains in a suite and plastic cups to drink out of are pretty cheap for the price you pay.

Rooftop pool wssgreat view thats about it . Looks are decieving on the pool size. It took 30 mins to clean off the table from the group before.

Rooftop bar was great. If you are a light sleeper do not stay on the tenth floor.

Also pretty disappointed to find out that the AAA discount could only be applied to 2 out of 3 rooms.

I would not recommend this hotel I am sure there are better places to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013