6,858 results
All reviewslincoln centered's chowder housegossip girlpool deckcentral parkcolumbus circlegreat locationrooftop barnew yorkupper west sidejunior suiterooms are smallaround the cornertimes squarefew blocksnycstarbucks
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Hi! I don't usually review hotels, don't use hotels very often and I'm not one of those people that complain about everything. This is a great hotel, people are friendly and it has a bar on the top floor and it is nicely decorated. At the same time, I felt like it didn't offer what a normal hotel would, such as free wifi, free breakfast, a door or shower curtain on the shower, a normal coffee machine (charging $3 for each packet of coffee is a little excessive-especially when you can get Starbucks downstairs), it also took us 10 minutes to get an elevator (one of the elevators don't work and the others take forever, they decorated the elevators with these steel moldings which I'm sure weigh a ton, they don't need those). The pool is also very small. Wifi is $13 for a day! Our bathroom door also had a stained window facing the toilet, I like privacy when I'm using the bathroom. I felt like the hotel was trying too hard to seem like a 5 star hotel by charging extra for everything. I will end on a high note, the location is great, the rooftop had nice scenery, and we did sleep well and felt safe. I tried to incorporate both positive and negative aspects, we stayed for 3 nights, 4 people, and didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel, just at night, and didn't use all the amenities, but felt the need to write a review since we had some complaints which doesn't usually happen.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Peri86
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The hotel was great for my family! Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.
Close to central park and subway for easy transportation.
decorated very nicely, rooms were small but was kept clean and tidy.
Great price for a great hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We just sold our co-op, and we needed a place to stay for a few days. My husband and I were very pleased. The staff couldn't have been nicer, especially Zuli and Nicole. They called many times to check to see if we had everything we needed. The housekeeping was excellent. We especially liked the linens-soft but crisp! Chris at the concierge desk was very helpful and quite delightful. We had drinks at the bar which was very nice, but it could use a furniture makeover.

We will be coming in to NYC quite often for business, and we plan to make Empire our new residence!

Room Tip: I like the rooms looking out on Lincoln Center or Broadway.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Joseph R, Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear quacker1,

Thank for the review from your recent stay at The Empire Hotel. It is awesome to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I appreciate the positive feedback on all areas of the hotel and pleased that the cleanliness of your room and service of our team met your expectations. As you know, our hotel offers a phenomenal location steps away from Central Park in the middle of Lincoln Center. If you have chance to return before the end of the Summer, be sure to visit our Pool Deck. It is the perfect place to relax and enjoy a cocktail while catching some rays. Since you have now sold your co-op, we would love to be your home away from home when visiting NYC.

Joseph Rauer
Assistant General Manager
gm@empirehotelnyc.com

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Second time here and was very happy. The room was tiny BUT wonderful mattress so I don't care. Bathroom has wonderful pressure...lots of hot water. I have a recommendation for the hotel.....and for future visitors. There is a 'nightclub of sorts on the roof and it is very popular on the weekends....lines of 'beautiful people' waiting outside to take a separate elevator to the top. If staying at the hotel...bring something flashy to wear. The issue is I was with my family and after the kids were in bed...I wanted a drink but not at the 'nightclub on the roof'....anyway, the hotel bar in the lobby....which is beautiful, closes around midnight. (early for NYC). I think it should be open later. This may sound petty, and take it for what it's worth but after a long day of sightseeing with the kids, I wanted a grown up drink, but didn't want to hit the nightclub. (Note: this was a Friday and Saturday night) I also noticed that there were at least 10 other adult hotel guests showing up later after a show for a beverage, whom were not the 'rooftop nightclub' type. I ended up going down the street to another establishment. In any event....I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms are fairly small but if you are in your room in NYC, you are missing out!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PBANDJLancaster

PBANDJLancaster,

Thank you for the detailed review from your most recent stay at The Empire Hotel. We take our guests’ feedback seriously and use it to improve the product and service that we offer, especially from a Trip Advisor Senior Contributor. I am pleased that overall you did enjoy your experience with us. It is awesome to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time in New York at The Empire Hotel. If you ever need a contact at The Empire, I can be reached at gm@empirehotelnyc.com. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Joseph Rauer
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed at this trendy and nice hotel for 4 nights. Our first impression was not that positive, we did not get any help from the bellmen outside and the staff in the reception that checked us in, did not inform us of anything, where the gym was, witch elevator we needed to use to get to our room, pool deck etc..Our room was quite spacious, kingsize bed and enough space for our big suitcases and shopping bags. The pool deck was cozy and relaxing, but the pool was a little bit small. They also have a rooftop bar that was very cool and trendy, nice view and good drinks. The lobby was busy, very spacious, nicely decorated, and there´s free wifi there. We only once saw a group of teenage girls passing by to look at the lobby, on a Gossip Girl tour.
Luckily our first impression of the hotel changed when we got excellent help from some of the great staff. The concierge (Chris) helped us to find places to go out and was spot on, and the staff in the reception helped us with adaptors, room change and much more. We changed our room twice. We got a room with inside view, and we wanted a room with a view. They changed that for use, but the room with view was smaller, so we changed back again. That shows the extent this hotel is willing to help, and we are very thankful for that, as it was not their fault but ours.
I would give this hotel an excellent rating thanks to some of the wonderful staff that made our stay excellent, the beautiful rooms, the rooftop bar, the lobby, the location... Unfortunately some of the staffs attitude makes the rating lower than the hotel deserves, because of bad attitude. But all in all I would absolutely recommend this hotel and stay there again. Especially thanks to Ricky in the reception, you made our stay excellent!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that´s far from the elevator, so you don´t hear it, and a room that has inside view, less noisy, and bigger.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends