$1,032
$127
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $217/night.

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$224
$143
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $185/night.

$1,705
$170
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $243/night.

$174
$149
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $223/night.

Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$142
$97
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $161/night.

$144
$135
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$201
$116
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $169/night.

The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$171
$113
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of $198/night.

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$196
$114
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$289
$110
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $133/night.

6,726 results
All reviewslincoln centered's chowder housegossip girlpool deckcentral parkcolumbus circlegreat locationrooftop barnew yorkupper west sidejunior suiterooms are smallaround the cornertimes squarefew blocksnycstarbucks
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I've stayed at the Empire repeatedly over the past four years and each time find there to be an issue with my stay that makes the experience frustrating. Whether being put in a room right under the rooftop bar with music pounding all night, getting an interior-facing room with no real sunlight despite being a repeat business traveler, having elevators not working or delayed, or most disturbingly, the general "I could care less" attitude of all of the staff, I wonder why I stay here so often. They never recognize my loyalty or welcome me back like other hotels do. They don't work to fix problems to make guest stays more enjoyable. The location is excellent and near my office which is the primary reason I keep going back, but I'm going to look at other options for the future. On the most recent trip, the elevator to the gym was broken so guests were forced to take a back route through the service entrance and down 40 stairs. Several elevators were also out of service, ensuring a 5-15 minute wait to get up or down.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ismobile7
Joseph R, Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Dear ismobile7,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review from your most recent stay at The Empire Hotel. I am disappointed and concerned to hear of your negative experience. As a repeat and loyal guest, the last thing I would wish is for you to stay somewhere else when spending the night in New York. Please contact me directly at gm@empirehotelnyc.com as I would like to discuss your experience. Your feedback will help us address issues and make necessary improvements to enhance our guest experience and correct deficiencies. I look forward to hearing from you soon and hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to The Empire Hotel.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have been staying at the Empire during business trips since right after the renovation. Over the years, I have seen a steady decline in overall experience.
Rooms - turndown service used to be customary with a nice b&w cookie. No more.
Linens seem nowhere near as fresh or pressed. The latest trip, the linens seemed constantly "damp" not comfy.
Paper cups in place of glasses.
7.50 for a bottle of Fiji....need I say more?
I had to request a robe, whereas in the past, the robes were fresh, fluffy, and AVAILABLE upon arrival.
Ok...hotel used to provide free wifi in room. Now $13 per day, per DEVICE. laptop,iPhone, iPad, you're looking at $40 a day to work.
Times are tough, but there are different, behind-the-scenes ways of cutting costs without sacrificing guest experience.

Room Tip: Request a room away from rooftop bar.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nicholas F
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The location is great. I found the staff at The Empire to be outstanding. They were knowledge and extremely helpful. That was the best part of the hotel. Initially all looked good however the first indication that things were amiss was when only two of the four elevators were operating. We were repeatedly forced to squeeze 12 people into an elevator with an 8 person capacity. The room and bathroom were clean but there were no areas in which to place anything in the bathroom, not even a toothbrush.
Showering caused the bathroom to flood because one of the two glass doors had been removed by management. I was told to use extra towels on the floor. When I asked why the door was removed I was informed there had been an incident with a previous guest.
The air condition had two settings cold and off.
Very late at night, when climbing onto bed, it was discovered there was only 1 sheet on the bed. The front desk was very apologetic about this and sent someone up with two sheets. We had to make up the bed ourselves.
Breakfast on the pool deck sounded good but after exiting the elevator you had to climb two flights of stairs to get up there. Then the “continental breakfast” consisted of, VERY SPECIFICALLY, one pastry item as well as either 1 piece of fruit or 1 yogurt and one beverage. There was a charge for a second cup of coffee or second beverage or anything else. A yogurt and a fruit were not allowed. If it rains “breakfast” is not served.
Don’t plan on going to the lounge on a weekend night unless you are in your twenties.
In my option considering what they charge you can do better.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph R, Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Salina9876,

Thank you for the detailed review from your most recent stay at The Empire Hotel. We take our guests’ feedback seriously and use it to improve the product and service that we offer. We have shared your comments with the hotel executive team and we will address accordingly. Please note that although the Pool Deck may close due to inclement weather, breakfast is always available at our restaurant Ed’s Chowder House. We offer continental breakfast on the Pool Deck as well as an ala carte menu in an effort to provide our guests options. The Pool Deck is such a welcoming and fun place to be, we want our guests to be able to spend all day there. I am happy that overall you enjoyed the service provided by our team and hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to New York.

gm@empirehotelnyc.com

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I went for our first anniversary ( he proposed in New York City). We loved the location and the rooftop pool area was a great to relax. The concierge even sent up champagne for our anniversary. They also gave us a room with a beautiful view of lincoln center.
Overall it was a great stay and we will be coming here again next year!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mnchaps

Dear mnchaps,

Please let me take a second to Thank You for choosing to spend your first anniversary at The Empire Hotel. It was a pleasure to have you with us. I am sure you did a lot of research before traveling for such a special occasion and I am thrilled your stay was a great one! I will be sure to share your review with our concierge team. If you ever need a contact at The Empire, do not hesitate to reach me directly at gm@empirehotelnyc.com. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in New York.

Regards,

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We spent perfect days in this chic hotel, great location. Very New Yorker, as soon as you get in the lobby the atmosphire is captivating. A warm and excellent treatment from the staff. Amenities excellent quality.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family