“Beautiful Property, great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Empire Hotel

Empire Hotel
Ranked #313 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Toronto, Canada
“Beautiful Property, great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

This was my first trip to NYC and I absolutely loved visiting. We stayed at the Empire Hotel which was absolutely beautiful. It was a pricey hotel, but for a glamorous girls getaway, we decided to splurge. We stayed here for 3 nights and enjoyed the rooftop bar one night. Was a lot of fun and a great view of the city. The rooms are very trendy and comfortable. There is a seafood resto in the hotel which was delish - we went for snacks and drinks before dinner. The doormen were very helpful letting us know of restaurants to check out and areas to go for nightlife. We had a blast!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Leah B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (966)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

So...

On arrival we were moved rooms, into a twin, which as a couple we didn't want, but they had no alternative, we were then told we would have to move the next day so couldn't unpack.... having done that we were then told to stay in our room... fairly shambolic, but then it may have been a one off, they were as polite as they could be given the circumstances.

Issues - slowest lifts on earth LITERALLY and I've never been in a hotel in my life without its own restaurant, as such the breakfast tokens for the rooftop "continental" is beyond laughable. They have bread rolls and stale croissants rapped in clingfilm... for me this is pretty budget given their $350 price tag for a night. You can pay for that in Dubai, Europe and Hong Kong and let me tell you the quality is in a different league.

Rooms are ok, clean and turned every day, although there were stains all over the curtains and the aircon is steam powered.

Bathroom - pretty poor, the shower didn't work properly and drains didn't "drain the water away, so you were standing in a bath (same applied for the basin run off) plus there was no shower door so the floor got soaked.

Plus points are basically the bar/club/pool on the roof which are seriously cool (when the lifts don't break down with you in them) and it's location.

On departure with our 6 cases we asked if a person could get our bags for us (they weigh about 50kg's combined) the lady at the desk said "why don't you just got get them yourselves, you're only on the 1st floor and it'll be quicker"! We are not the type of couple to really ever complain and are pretty laid back but this was bizarre.

Otherwise with hundreds of other hotels at your disposal look around!

1 Thank Guestjnr
Dear Guestjrnr,

Thank you for the detailed review from your most recent stay at The Empire Hotel. We take our guest’s feedback seriously and will use your comments in an effort to learn from your experience and make necessary improvements to our operation.I have shared your comments with our executive team and we will address these issues accordingly.Please contact me directly at gm@empirehotelnyc.com if you would like to discuss your experience or if you need any assistance. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to The Empire Hotel the next time your travels bring you to New York.

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is the first time I'm writing a tripadvisor in my professional capacity. You experience a hotel in a different way when you work with them on hosting large groups of people, in and out of town, for meetings, events, and whatnot. I've been working with the Empire in this capacity for the last four years. They really strive to accommodate the smallest of our myriad group requests -- from a guest arriving early in the morning without informing us they'll need an early check-in, to last minute add ons, and changes . . . Not that the hotel is empty. It is usually booked to the rafters, but still they find a way to accommodate. I'm not normally the type to shout out individuals -- but we usually work with Michelle Liu in-house to accommodate our guests once the booking has been made. Michelle has effortlessly accommodated our every request, with prompt explanations she ALWAYS offers a solution. Thank you Michelle! Look forward to the next group booking!!! (And PS -- if you're not working, have some ice cream pool side at the rooftop! Or go to the Met. It's right across the road.)

Ridgewood, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed at the Empire Hotel on May 3rd 2013 to celebrate my birthday. We had tickets to see the Rascals on Broadway. Our room was immaculate & cozy. Nice view of Lincoln Center.
Julia's service was outstanding, she made us feel very comfortable.

I would reccomend the Empire Hotel to anyone staying in New York City. We will definitely being staying again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lorraine R
Dear Lorraine R,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled you enjoyed the comfort of your room and all of the amenities and outlets of our hotel met your expectations. Thank you as well for celebrating your birthday at The Empire Hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with Julia and the Housekeeping team. They work so hard and care about every detail to ensure our guests have a clean and comfortable room. If you ever need a contact at The Empire, I can be reached at gm@empirehotelnyc.com. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Empire Hotel soon!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Perfect location for Lincoln Center. Concierge made reservations at two wonderful nearby restaurants and car service to make an early flight. Room was small but adequate with two double beds for friends sharing. Exceptionally clean. Quiet room, despite central location. Decent view of Manhattan. Agreeable, helpful staff. Bellman ran out to 7th Ave to get a cab when needed in pouring rain--much appreciated.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Last week I had the distinct pleasure of staying the night at this superb hotel for business. This is not my first nor my last stay at the Empire Hotel. As is always the case, from the moment I walked in and was greeted by the hotel staff - first the valet, next the front desk clerk and then the manager, Don - I knew it was going to be another terrific stay and I was right. Always willing to accommodate as best they can whenever possible - from my food allergies to pillow preferences and room upgrades when possible - nothing is ever out of the question. It's common to "expect" a courteous and professional staff, meticulous and comfortable rooms - it's not so common to "deliver" it - all top notch - every time! I'll definitely be back to The Empire and highly recommend it to others. And when you stay, be sure to ask for Don at the front desk - he'll ensure each time you stay will be every bit as wonderful as the last!

Dear Tiny1Nyc,

Thank you for the great comments in your review on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled you enjoyed the comfort of your room and all of the amenities and outlets of our hotel met your expectations. I will be sure to share your review with our Director of Front Office, Don. I am glad he was able to make your trip a memorable one. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Empire Hotel. The next time you visit, I hope you have an opportunity to visit our Pool Deck. It is the perfect place to enjoy a cocktail overlooking Lincoln Center.

Regards,

gm@empirehotelnyc.om
Los Angeles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Pass on this one. The rooms & hallways smelled like stale carpet masked by years of air freshener. The guest rooms were dark and in need of a deep clean (or at least some air circulation). Their website photos suggest a very different environment. The hotel makes an attempt to be trendy but falls short on feeling clean.

There was one super friendly concierge man. He was the one bright spot of our stay.