“LOVE the Lobby Bar @ Empire Hotel”
Review of Empire Hotel

Empire Hotel
Ranked #329 of 466 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“LOVE the Lobby Bar @ Empire Hotel”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I work in the fashion industry and the last few Fashion Weeks I've lived at Lincoln Center. This year I again will return and one part that I'm most looking forward to is going back to the Empire Hotel.

I was recently there with a few friends for drinks and it just reminded me of how much I love the hotel especially the lobby bar. We sat at a table and were immediately greeted by Heather. Her level of attention and her hospitality were a clear reminder of what service should be. We then had the pleasure of meeting Aaron. Talk about a personality and positive attitude. We chatted him up and he never showed any disinterest in our conversation and really made us feel comfortable sharing with him our various previous Fashion Week disasters at other venues. He's a gem!

Looking forward to going back in a few weeks!!!

Room Tip: Try EVERYTHING on the cocktail list.
Joseph R, Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear FashionIsMyPassion,

Thank you for sharing your experience in our lobby bar on Trip Advisor. It was a pleasure to host you and your colleagues. I will be sure to share your kind words with Aaron, our Director of Food and Beverage. Thank you for your loyalty to The Empire Hotel. . We look forward to welcoming you back for Fashion Week. If you should need any assistance, do not hesitate to contact me at jrauer@empirehotelnyc.com.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (990)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Whitstable, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We (Brits) took a three night vacation in November '12. The location suited us, being walkable to Central Park and many shops and restaraunts. We weren't hugely impressed with our 6th floor room though - I don't think it would have been rated as highly if it were in England. The decor was fine but it was cramped, we couldn't adjust the heating (too hot), the shower cubicle had no door and it sported possibly the worst example of wall tiling I've come across! We found the doormen in the foyer slightly intimidating - but perhaps all US hotels are like that?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Graham B
Joseph R, Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Graham B,

Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay at The Empire. I am happy the location of the hotel met your expectations but disappointed you did not completely enjoy your stay with us. I have taken note of your comments and will share with our designers and the hotel’s Executive Team. If you would like to discuss your experience further or need any additional assistance, please contact me directly at jrauer@empirehotelnyc.com. I hope we have another opportunity to welcome you back so that you may enjoy another room category we offer our guests.

East Northport, New York, United States
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I recently stayed there and the service was excellent. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The room was beautiful! Clean, spacious, great view! Would definitely stay there again and recommend it highly!

East Northport, New York, United States
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Our stay at The Empire was beyond my expectations. The hotel itself was beautiful. Our room was just perfect. I could not have asked for more . The service we received was fabulous. We were a large group, with individual needs. Each one of use felt that the service we received was top notch. The staff was always very helpful and friendly. I look forward to another stay at The Empire Hotel.

Danville, California
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I spent two nights at the Empire last week and found the hotel's location very convenient (C-line is right across the street at Lincoln Center) my needs - a medical meeting at Columbia, an investors meeting in Connecticut, and investor meetings in mid-town. Room was comfortable, and there was a good breakfast on the Mezzanine level (which I missed on my first day). Good restaurants are in the area. Staff was friendly and responsive. I would stay here again. For those who need WiFi, there was a good (and free) WiFi set up here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Joseph R, Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear JetBlue2,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. As Assistant General Manager, I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your time with us during your recent business trip to New York. It is great to hear that our services and amenities met your expectations. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Empire the next time your travels bring you to New York.

New York City, New York
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I recently celebrated my birthday at the Empire Hotel lobby lounge and I must say, the experience was wonderful. Aaron and Pablo did an amazing job ensuring that my family, friends and I had an amazing evening from start to finish. The atmosphere was very intimate and beautiful, with plenty of seating space for my party of 15. We began our night by enjoying delicious food and drinks at the lounge before heading upstairs to the rooftop. The entire staff at the lobby lounge was extremely friendly and attentive, which made our experience a pleasure. I am looking forward to hosting another event there soon, and would certainly recommend it to anyone who appreciates intimate settings, delicious food/beverages, as well as exceptional service!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Spent 2 nights here for our anniversary. Great restaurant and bars!! Rooftop bar is a definite must! High levels of service....from parking attendants to front desk, bell hops to housecleaning. Could not ask for friendlier people! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to spend time in New York City. Our room, overlooking Lincoln Center, was awesome! Also enjoyed some fab shopping in Columbus Circle, just a brief walk from the hotel. Great neighborhood. Lots to do. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed October 2012
Joseph R, Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Bobbymcc,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Empire Hotel. We appreciate the positive feedback and I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed the service provided by our staff. I will be sure to share your review with our team. It is always nice to recognize their hard work and commitment and I thank you for doing so. If I can ever be of assistance at The Empire, please contact me directly at jrauer@empirehotelnyc.com. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.