“Good Location and Value”
Review of Empire Hotel

Empire Hotel
Ranked #346 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I spent two nights at the Empire last week and found the hotel's location very convenient (C-line is right across the street at Lincoln Center) my needs - a medical meeting at Columbia, an investors meeting in Connecticut, and investor meetings in mid-town. Room was comfortable, and there was a good breakfast on the Mezzanine level (which I missed on my first day). Good restaurants are in the area. Staff was friendly and responsive. I would stay here again. For those who need WiFi, there was a good (and free) WiFi set up here.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Joseph R, Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear JetBlue2,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. As Assistant General Manager, I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your time with us during your recent business trip to New York. It is great to hear that our services and amenities met your expectations. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Empire the next time your travels bring you to New York.

Regards,

Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (6,321)

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I recently celebrated my birthday at the Empire Hotel lobby lounge and I must say, the experience was wonderful. Aaron and Pablo did an amazing job ensuring that my family, friends and I had an amazing evening from start to finish. The atmosphere was very intimate and beautiful, with plenty of seating space for my party of 15. We began our night by enjoying delicious food and drinks at the lounge before heading upstairs to the rooftop. The entire staff at the lobby lounge was extremely friendly and attentive, which made our experience a pleasure. I am looking forward to hosting another event there soon, and would certainly recommend it to anyone who appreciates intimate settings, delicious food/beverages, as well as exceptional service!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Spent 2 nights here for our anniversary. Great restaurant and bars!! Rooftop bar is a definite must! High levels of service....from parking attendants to front desk, bell hops to housecleaning. Could not ask for friendlier people! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to spend time in New York City. Our room, overlooking Lincoln Center, was awesome! Also enjoyed some fab shopping in Columbus Circle, just a brief walk from the hotel. Great neighborhood. Lots to do. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Bobbymcc,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Empire Hotel. We appreciate the positive feedback and I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed the service provided by our staff. I will be sure to share your review with our team. It is always nice to recognize their hard work and commitment and I thank you for doing so. If I can ever be of assistance at The Empire, please contact me directly at jrauer@empirehotelnyc.com. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed January 28, 2013

i recently stayed at the Empire Hotel for a Friday night getaway with my wife. The Empire Hotel experience delivered on all fronts - the room, the staff, the lounge area and the location exceeded my expectation. I have an annual business meeting in NYC in March and made the move to the Empire Hotel.

Room Tip: request a view of Lincoln Center. it is worth the upgrade
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in December 2012. Great location for easy access to the Upper West Side, Times Square and subway stations.

The hotel was very trendy with a rooftop bar that attracted long lines of visitors each weekend night. This was not a problem for hotel guests as you could walk right by them to get in and even get quick access to the roof if you wanted to see Central Park and the UWS.

The hotel room was small, but we booked on expedia so that was expected. The odd smells in the hallway were not expected. It may have been a neighboring room, but the smell dissipated after a couple days. The small room was reminiscent of many European hotel rooms. There's just enough room to walk around the bed and a bathroom with enough person for one room to stand up. But, the room was quiet and the ac/heat worked great.

Everything we asked for or needed from the front desk was quickly provided. Plus there were free apples at the front desk. This is a great treat. And the bar area is trendy and a great place to hang out before going out or heading to the room.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is similar to most city hotels. The staff are really friendly, the hotel and rooms compact and very tidy and the bar a bit pricey. You're not in the UK so don't expect to take home loads of tea and coffee sachets, because they don't provide it. As during our other stays though it worked to our advantage. We were there for a busy sight seeing trip so no coffee in bed meant we were up and out to get breakfast in the city. There was a really nice pub/restaurant next door by the way. My only grumble with this hotel was the noise. We were on the 8th floor and, I think, the back of the building. Even with the window closed I could hear the rumble of the air conditioning units on the ground below. The air con in the room was also too noisy for me to have on at night so it was a bit of a catch 22. I'm a light sleeper and to be fair it wasn't a problem at all for my wife who can sleep through a war.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Big C,

Thank you for the detailed review from your recent stay at The Empire. It is great to see that your enjoyed your time with us and room cleanliness and friendliness of our staff met your expectations. I apologize that the room was slightly noisy. The next time you visit, we will be sure to block a quieter room for you and your wife. I sincerely hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

The Empire Hotel is an amazing place for a NYC getaway. Awesome location with views of Lincoln Center. Love the neighborhood feel .... Walking around Columbus Avenue with great shopping and restaurants. Stroll through Central Park! The lobby has a great vibe and the staff was attentive from front door to front desk and housekeeping. Don't miss the fabulous brunch at the restaurant! We will be back !

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple