“Great experience!”

Ranked #329 of 466 Hotels in New York City
São Paulo
“Great experience!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Me and my girl stayed for a weekend celebrating our anniversary and had a wonderful time. Emanuel at the front desk made sure we had the best possible service throughout our whole stay and we were really happy with our junior suite.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (990)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed January 24, 2013

It's NYC so average. Most other cities this hotel would get a poor review. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Location is great. Ideal for morning/evening runs in Central Park. But the room was a bit filthy - refurbishment should be considered. In particular the bathroom was in poor condition. Cleaning not too impressive but not unacceptable either. Bed was clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Room looking out on streets is preferable despite potential noise from traffic.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Freeeequent,

Thank you for the review from your most recent stay at The Empire. I am disappointed that you did not completely enjoy your stay with us. This is certainly not indicative of the service levels that we pride ourselves on providing from our housekeeping department. Please allow me to personally extend my sincere apologies. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please contact me directly at jrauer@empirehotelnyc.com as I would like to try and regain your confidence in our hotel. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to The Empire in the near future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had initially booked a king room from the MAve - turned out they had really old AC system, which was running cold air intermittently in the room instead of heating the room. I couldn't get good sleep and developed a cough. From Priceline I booked the rest of my stay at the Empire hotel. I badly needed sleep and upon check in, I requested specifically a quiet room, I didnt care if it was standard or king, etc.
Miriana at the front desk was very helpful. She said I was booked for a standard room but none were in the quiet zone, so she upgraded me to king for free. I really appreciated the hospitality. I did get very good sleep and a large room (in ny standards) with an amazing view on one of the higher floors.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Zeynep P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Thank you as well for recognizing our Front Desk Agent, Mariana in your comments. I am thrilled to see you were able to get a great night’s sleep and enjoyed the comfort and view from your room. If you ever need a contact at the hotel ,please email me at jrauer@empirehotelnyc.com. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to New York.

Regards,

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had an amazing room, massive.. especially for NY. large plasma, sofa, massive bed and great wet room. only down side was the 'no change' bar and a birthday card £10 note went missing.

not too bad, i snaffled the pringles and the mini bar to make up for it.

Room Tip: I think its pot luck, someone else I know went and got a room the size of a broom cupboard!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Middletown, DE
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good points: The hotel was very clean. The staff was very friendly and attentive.

Not so good points: The rooms were quite small (literally a mere inches between the two beds, between the beds and wall, between the beds and desk - you could sit on the foot of the bed and use the desk). There were NO beverage glasses in the room. When we called for glasses, it took close to an hour to get them. There were NO face clothes in the bathroom. When we asked, we were told face clothes were by request?????? The heater was an old fashioned radiator style, which is fine, BUT when it activated, it was SO loud that we were woken up (every 20-30 minutes). The mattresses were terribly uncomfortable. The beds were made with a fitted sheet and a comforter ... NO top sheet.

Felt that it was a quality hotel trying to take short cuts (the hotel "manual" on the desk was a stapled photocopy).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear beechluver0830,

Thank you for the review from your stay at The Empire. We take our guests feedback seriously and use it to improve the product and service that we offer. I would like to apologize for the inconsistencies you experienced. I have forwarded your comments to our housekeeping management team. Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you would like to share additional details, please contact me directly at jrauer@empirehotelnyc.com. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back so that you may experience the true hospitality of The Empire Hotel.

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Cooperstown, New York
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Visiting NYC with my wife to see a play. A friend of mine in the hotel industry recommended the Empire Hotel. Could not have been more pleased. Great location. Excellent service; especially Hildi at the front desk. Rooms are not large but they were clean and bed was very comfortable.

Joseph R, Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear ewggkkg,

Thank you for the review from your most recent stay at The Empire. We appreciate you and your wife spending a night out in New York with us. I am glad you enjoyed the comfort of your room and our comfortable beds. Thank you as well for mentioning Hildi, our Front Desk Agent in your comments. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to The Empire in the near future.

Regards,

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Repeat visit for us and the hotel didn't disappoint.
The Empire is a cool contempourary hotel which is well situated close to Central Park and the less talked about but well worth spending time in; Upper West side.
We were lucky enough to have a suite which was well equipped, clean and a god send at the end of a long day. The Queen size bed was out of this world.
Joe Rauer the general manager along with the conceirge couldn't be more helpful.
We will be back next year and would recommend the hotel to our family and friends.

Room Tip: Up grade the room if you can - the beds are fanatastic.