Empire Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$161
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$167
$98
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$324
$305
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$154
$118
  • Bar/Lounge
$330
$305
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$145
  • Bar/Lounge
$144
$116
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$309
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
$100
  • Breakfast included
6,544 results
All reviewslincoln centered's chowder housegossip girlpool deckcentral parkcolumbus circlegreat locationrooftop barnew yorkupper west sidejunior suiterooms are smallaround the cornertimes squarenycstarbuckssubway
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Great place, but didn't have an ATM in the Hotel, which was frustrating cause I had to leave the hotel to find one. Other than that, it was a great place. The hotel was located in a great place which was very nice. Was able to go to central park and the subway was very easy to get to. The hotel is is decent shape for being so old. Would I stay there again, yes. I've stayed in many hotels in New York and almost all have had an ATM there which made it so convenient for me, so I was a little disappointed that this hotel didn't have one.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
EmpireManagement, Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear Boston w,

Thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay at the Empire Hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will share your feedback on the ATM with our Executive team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Empire the next time your travels bring you to NYC.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Just spent ten nights at this hotel with my teenage daughter. Our room was adequate but no more. It was on fourth floor at the front of the hotel so had a view of the Lincoln Centre - lovely. Best feature of the hotel is the location - excellent for access to subway, close to amenities and Central Park. The rooftop 'pool' is tiny - I would guess approx 4 feet by 10 feet and was full of children on the one occasion we visited. All the sunloungers were occupied by people or 'reserved' by towels - not worth the trek up to the roof! Have not previously stayed in NYC so nothing to compare with but not a patch on London hotels.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Michelle G,

Thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay at the Empire Hotel. As the Assistant General Manager I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our amazing location. The rooftop pool deck is only for guests of the Hotel and I apologize that it was crowded when you made your way up there. It really is a unique amenity for our guests and tends to fill up on hot July afternoons! We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I may be of any assistance.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

My fiancée and I booked this hotel for our annual NYC trip on Priceline. The rates were much better than similarly situated / rated hotels in the city and it was a last minute trip, so we thought we had gotten lucky...sadly we were sorely mistaken. Aside from the fact that this place seems thrown together (read other reviews about room size, bathroom design, etc...) the closing mechanism on our door did not function and our room was broken into on the first day we were there - and my iPad was stolen. Both my fiancee and I have traveled extensively and never had this happen so when we went to report this, we were surprised at how awful the experience turned out being.

Upon reporting our room was broken into, the "security" officer gave some vague excuse that he was too busy right then, and told us to check back with him in an hour. So we did, obviously frustrated and confused by the lack of concern (I can only imagine if we were in the room when it were broken into and assaulted); at which point he referenced the fact that we had left our door open and that the hotel was not responsible. He said that we could report it to the police, but basically there was nothing they could do. You can imagine how awesome it was spending 2 hours with the NYPD on vacation. After the police left we circled back with the hotel staff, and realized just how worthless they were.

I will commend them on how adept they were at removing my fiancée and I from the front desk 'public area' to discuss the fact our room was broken into, but in every other regard they were a hot mess. Contradictory statements, the front deck manager avoiding us, the security officer making ridiculous accusations that we had left the door open and that there was 'no way' a hotel employee would enter a room...basically playing a game with us and putting the responsibility back on us. I could go on and on about how the hotel wouldn't provide a key log for our door (although it purportedly showed that we had left it open?), or that there was no proactive measures taken to talk with us about what had happened, or how the security person told me to go to Apple because they would assuredly replace my device...but I won't.

The bottom line is that a little understanding and professionalism would have gone a long way - I get that any yahoo can walk into a hotel and claim their priceless jewels were stolen - but in instances where the hotel really is at fault and the jewels really were stolen, they should consider a different approach.

...and now we're going to sue them! If this happens to you, be aware that in common law states (oh, I guess they didn't realize my fiancée is an attorney...Oops!) that there is an Innkeeper Statute that basically puts the responsibility on the hotel to assure it is safe and secure. There is a $500 limit, but that will cover most of the cost of my iPad, and if nothing else hopefully it will force these jack-holes to think before they blow paying patrons off.

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank Josh M
EmpireManagement, Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear Josh M,

As the Assistant General Manager of the Empire Hotel, I can assure you that the Hotel did everything possible to assist you with your lost item. If you would like to discuss your experience in greater detail please do not hesitate to contact me directly at jbaldwin@empirehotelnyc.com.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

The hotel is quite decent in terms of the rooms. Location is great, right across the street from Lincoln Centre and one block away from the Central Park. Bar upstairs seems to be a happening place on the weekends given the line ups at the front door.

Breakfast in the restaurant is pricy but good. It was worth staying there considering the corporate room discount that provided a 30% break in price.

Room Tip: For a better view, chose a room facing the street.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We chose this hotel for our week in New York due to the fact that it looked trendy (so we expected very few children to be there) and because it has a rooftop (outdoor) pool - something which we find nearly impossible to get in Manhattan. The hotel was indeed very trendy, including the room, lobby and bar area. The rooftop area had a small swimming pool with nice enough views of the Upper West Side. They also had a small satellite bar on the rooftop as well (which seemed to be open all day). Staff were friendly and helpful. Our room & en suite were very, very small and had lots of minibar related things in which we could buy but no tea and coffee making facilities. I suppose though that this is not something you can expect in the US. The bed was comfortable. We didn't see a lot of kids around but there were some. The hotel is located within a short walk from Central Park, The Lincoln Centre and a subway station. I would say that it is located very well for sightseeing. There are lots of excellent restaurants in the surrounding area. We only ate at the hotel once and thought the food was really good. During our stay the hotel did not have a spa. This is something I would've expected from a 4 star hotel so I was a little disappointed. Our room was facing inwards (ie. not out onto the street) but we still heard a lot of city noise and we were overlooked by other hotel rooms facing inwards (we also overlooked a few other rooms!). The gym is very small and not very well equipped. All in all I don't think I will stay again, purely due to the high price tag - I think you can definitely get the same for less but if you want to be very trendy then you wouldn't go wrong there.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
EmpireManagement, Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear SA-Grl-GSY,

Thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay at the Empire Hotel. I am pleased to hear you had an opportunity to appreciate our pool deck and our incredible views of the beautiful West Side of NYC. I agree, that our staff is friendly and helpful and really cares about our guest's experience at the Empire. I apologize that our Spa has recently closed however we are excited for the opportunity to bring in a new service provider in the near future. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Empire. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at the property if I may be of any future assistance.

Hotel Manager