“Consistent”

Cuisines: Latin, Peruvian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Description: Established in 1994. Welcome to PIO PIO, our "Casa Alegre" (Cheerful House), New York City's Premiere Peruvian restaurant group since 1994, specializing in Pollo a La Brasa (Rotisserie Chicken), authentic cuisine from Peru and our famous "Green Sauce"!. We are located through out Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx and Manhattan. Also check out our Amaru Pisco Bar in Jackson Heights. Buen Provecho!
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Really good peruvian food, fresh, consistent and reasonably priced. The only con is the place gets extremely busy, extremely loud and a bit tight. Besides that I would recommend this restaurant to all.

There are newer reviews for Pio Pio 6

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went to this very popular restaurant located btwn W43-W44 on 10th Avenue on a cool early spring night and had a very reasonable and fairly good dinner. Our initial reservation for 6pm was snapped up by others when we had to postpone the time. We rang at 6:30 to say we'd be late and could get another table only at 7:45pm. So, it's popular. My friends had raved about it and I liked it, though I wouldn't give it a rave. The atmosphere is lively and fun, fairly noisy and upbeat. The food is Latin, specifically Peruvian. Because we were ordering as a group I couldn't order experimentally what I wanted, however the fish (imported from South America) was good, the salad fine, (lots of Avocado but iceberg lettuce) and the sides quite good. The chicken tasted as though it had been pre cooked and then warmed up. The portions are very large. The perfect place to go on a budget and for fun, but don't go running for the food. You can do better.

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Yum love this place. The food is always great and the price insint bad. Usually get my food to go since its a tiny place. Excellent veggie options and great chicken! Check it out!

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

My family is Peruvian so I know the good stuff and this is good. We have been going to this place since I was little and there was only one, now they have expanded to several locations and the food is still great. Make sure you order the pollo ( duh) and either some chicha morada or a pisco sour to drink. I also love the salchipapas here, this place is delicious !

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I'll start with the good part. Very nice restaurant with a great vibe right when you walk in the door. Excellent service, very attentive. We ordered the Pio Chicken, Ceviche Limeno, and the Lomo Saltada. All plates were delicious. I had a traditional pisco sour and my daughter ordered another drink made with pisco, cucumber, and jalapeno. I would say her drink was one of the better cocktails I've ever tasted, but I love jalapeno. Now the bad. My daughter bolted from her seat in the middle of Lucky Guy about 90 minutes after we left the restaurant. She made it to the bathroom but not to the stall. She vomited violently for the next four hours. I was a little queasy, but I thought it was because she was being so gross. Oh, but it hit me early the next morning. But the other end. Thank goodness the bathrooms are clean at Penn Station since that's where I spent my time waiting on our train to Philly. I really didn't think I would make my train. It took three Imodiums to stop the agony. But it started again once we were in Philly. It was definitely the food we had at Pio Pio. My guess is that someone didn't wash their hands.