“Sooo Good....Bring your Appetite!”
Review of Pio Pio

Pio Pio
Ranked #859 of 13,633 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Peruvian, Latin
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
New York City, New York
“Sooo Good....Bring your Appetite!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

SOOOOOOOOOO wonderful! The portions are great and the chicken is sooo good. The "Matador" is a very large dish. One of the most popular and best values (in my opinion) on the menu, However please ensure that you are hungry because it really is a bit of food. I always share with another person and there are usually left-overs.

• Visited January 2013

• Korean first
Denver, Colorado
“Delicious Peruvian Food”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

A very good value for your money. For around $25 you can order a meal to feed 4 persons. I always make sure to visit when Im in NYC.

• Visited December 2012
Austin, Texas
“Exotic Peruvian food”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This restaurant offers family-style dining, meaning that you can order an item and it serves 2 to 4 people. I really like the tostones (fried plantains) and the yucca frita (fried yucca plant). Also, a pitcher of Sangria is a nice way to relax with friends.

Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“The best Peruvian food in the city”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Pio Pio has by far the best Peruvian food in the city. Besides that, the ambiance is fabulous. Candlelit restaurant with amazingly kind servers - it's definitely out of the norm for NYC. Their menu boasts of seafood and the typical rotisserie chicken, beans and rice. I always stick to their seafood because it is always fresh and amazing. I had their striped sea bass with a mango chutney last time I was there and it was heaven! I would strongly recommend reservations, otherwise you will be waiting for quite a long time. A fun place to go for a group date, too! Check it out - you won't be disappointed - and make sure you try their desserts!

• Visited August 2012
New York
“Very good Peruvian Food- Front desk staff need to adjust attitude”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I had reservations with with my work friends/colleagues at the Hell's Kitchen location before a broadway show. We were running late. We had trouble finding parking. When we called to let them know, the girl at the front desk was not very friendly. She said simply, "We have you as a no-show." Now mind you, our reservation was for 4:30 p.m. One of my friends got nervous that they would not seat us. I was thinking, "Give me a break. I have NEVER known a Manhattan restaurant to be PACKED before 6:30p.m." Of course, when we arrived we waited for a few minutes at the bar, and then they were able to accommodate us.

Once we sat down, the service was very good. We ordered a "mixed ceviche" and a "fried mashed potatoes" appetizer. For dinner, we shared several entrees, including "Lomo Saltado" and the "Matador Combo." All the food was great, and the sangria too. We told our waiter that we had to make a 7:00p.m show, and he was very accommodating. I would have liked to try a dessert, but we didn't have time. All in all, I really enjoyed this restaurant. The only negatives are the girls at the front desk that definitely need an attitude adjustment!

• Visited December 2012