“Dad's gift for his ladies”

Shop Gotham NYC Shopping Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$66.00*
and up
Garment District Special Access Shopping Tour
Ranked #12 of 861 Shopping in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Shop Gotham is New York City's Premiere Shopping Tour Company, opening doors to what defines NYC as The Fashion Mecca. Designer Showrooms for Wholesale Shopping and Indie boutiques enable our guests to bring a little NYC home in their shopping bags. Private Shopping groups and RegularlyScheduled tours each week, Sweet 16's, Corporate Groups and Spouse programs, Student Fashion Education programs.
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Calling all Dads! I found the idea for a shopping tour as a last minute add-on for our recent trip to NYC. It was me, my wife and our daughter (a gift for her sweet-16). I can not recommend this tour more. Jess, our guide, was very knowledgeable about the neighborhood we were in (SOHO-NoLita) and there were even a few shops that had great items for the credit card/baggage handler..that's you Dad. For those of you not from NYC you will go to districts/shops you just would never have thought or known to go to. We even hit a chocolatier that does things with chocolate and bacon that should be illegal. Marla set us up for the right tour for my ladies' tastes after interviewing me a little over the phone and we had the time of our lives. Marla you're a hero.

All reviews
"booked this tour"
in 9 reviews
"fabulous tour"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I am from upstate New York, and don't really get to come to the city that often to shop. My girlfriends and I wanted a day to shop, but wanted to do something different! I had heard great things and read great reviews on Shop Gotham, so I decided to book the Garment District Tour. Our tour guide Keve was amazing! She knew so much about the garment district, it was really very interesting. She kept us excited and hooked throughout the whole tour! We went to some amazing designers showrooms, where everything was priced at 50-80% off retail cost. We even got to meet the designers, which was really awesome. It was so cool to hear the designers talk about their collections, and how things are made and where they are made. Most of these designers make their goods right in the garment district! This tour really made our day! I would recommend this tour to anyone!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I set up a shopping trip with Marla at Shop Gotham for the ladies in our group with the focus on eclectic stores for the teenagers. Her guide took them to SoHo and did a great job of introducing them to stores they would have otherwise not found. In addition, she was very knowledgeable about current fashion and provided quite a few suggestions. The service was exactly as advertised. I would highly recommend it.

1  Thank Brett R
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was fortunate enough to tour both the garment district AND SoHo with Melinda. The stores we visited and the designers we went to were very interesting. It was an awesome experience to get to go kind of "behind the scenes" especially since I am studying fashion in college. Melinda did an awesome job of getting us excited & keeping us entertained while walking to & from the different stores. She was obviously very knowledgeable about not only the designers but New York as a whole. I am blanking on my other tour guide's name for the SoHo tour but she was very personable & nice as well. Overall I had an amazing time on the tours and will remember my experience for quite some time!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I opted to try this program based on great reviews and a love of shopping beyond department stores. The program and the shopping exceeded my expectations and thus, I am most happy to provide a review on behalf of my friend and myself. Having never worked in any area related to fashion, it was exciting to be in the showrooms, to meet the designers, and garner a bit of an understanding of how this world operates. Each showroom offered entirely different types of clothing or accessories and both of us found a couple of great items. The prices are undeniably good and the value is there. And it was fun! It was a cold day, but we didnt mind, as the time flew by. There were only 7 of us on the tour, which allowed the guide to spend time with each of us and there was no pressure to buy from the designers or their staff, Yet, they were quite welcoming. This is a gem of a program and we look forward to doing it again some day!