Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 2, 2012

In theory this hostel looks and sounds great; I've been here 3 times, first one was great. Really close from the subway, good room (clean and comfortable). Second time I was sent to a building in the back, a very small room, but still clean and fair for the price. Third time was a nightmare; they have another building a couple of streets away where the rooms where old and damaged (not to mention that beds were the worst we've ever seen, and it was not clean!). You share the floor with the people that live there and they aren't very nice people... No one from the hostel personnel is around, and to be honest, we felt very, very insecure.

Room tip: This hostel has several rooms in different building around the block. You should only stay on the main one. Otherwise, the experience can be a nightmare.
Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank AnaManzana
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I booked online for a room in this hostel. First it took me more then half an hour to find because there wasn't any sigh on the door number which couldn't be seen because of restoration was going on.

So at the end I found it and i had to wait at the reception to find someone to talk. After ten minutes waiting a guy came from behind the desk and asked "what do you want?" I showed my booking form and he looked at it and said that i'm late and my room is sold to someone else.When I asked how one room can be sold twice he start arguing with me and act very bad that someone who work in tourism should never speak like that

I asked for another room or a bed as it was rainy outside and i didn't want to look for another hotel. He was very aggressive to me and said go where ever you want we don't have any place for you he said.

I went to a hotel near by which was call Days Inn and much much better. They made me enjoy the new York less.

I recommend to stay away from this place.

Room tip: I didn't have chance to see the rooms.
Date of stay: December 2011
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I think the varied reviews here are due to people expecting a hotel-type experience and who have had limited experience with hostels. This might not be the cheapest hostel if you're staying solo, but I shared a room with three of my friends and we each shared a bed - very affordable. If you're staying longer than a few days it might be annoying not being able to put your stuff anywhere and digging through your suitcase, but I didn't mind. They have lockers that cost a few bucks if you want to drop off your stuff before you're allowed to check in. Besides the staff being lukewarm and potentially waiting to use the bathroom/shower I had a great stay here. The internet is cheap and easy to use, and it wasn't too busy so you didn't feel rushed to get off the computer. It's at a convenient location to take the subway. If you're staying in the city and don't want to leave your room much, this isn't the place for you. If you're just some young folk wanting to explore most of the day, keep your stuff in a safe place, and crash at night, this is a very reasonable option.

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Yes okay, staying in a hostel, I knew I wasn't about to embrace luxury. I wanted a place to sleep, dump my stuff and shower. positives- great location to Subway! Wow! Cheap and good Internet facilities. Negatives- shoddy decor, room boiling hot had a nose bleed, would have opened window but a screaming man next door scared me as the window led onto a roof terrace. Staff did not come to help him... He went on and on for hours in the night :( so scary! Bathrooms were hit or miss but most of the time clean but a few incidents of used tissues in toilet (more guests fault than hostel I guess). I was in New York alone and I did find this hostel quite scary. Staff weren't rude but weren't entirely welcoming either. Sheets were vile!!! Funny smell to the place, musty and old. Alright for a couple of quid I guess. Would I stay here again? Ermmm not on my own!! yes with friends.

Date of stay: February 2011
1  Thank THE ART OF MELB... C
Reviewed January 18, 2012

The hostel is clean and tidy and secure ... so ticks all the boxes but lacks something. The prices are very reasonable considering where you are but it is not an ideal place for single travellers as there is no real community within the place. The hostel itself is very difficult to find initially and I ended up going through what seemed to be the back entrance. If you are looking for somewhere to just crash then this is ideal, as the location is very central for you to get round the city.

Date of stay: February 2011