“A great taste of Jewish New York”

Big Apple Lansman Tours
Ranked #311 of 676 Tours in New York City
Reviewed March 7, 2016

Leslie was incredibly informative on the Jewish history of the LES. It was amazing to hear stories about each place on the tour and how Jews from all around the world connected in New York. A great walking tour to learn about Jewish heritage beginning in America.

1  Thank hbertiger
"stories"
in 3 reviews
"architecture"

Reviewed March 7, 2016

Leslie Schatzer is a warm, wonderful tour guide, often her delivery reminded me of Joan Rivers, who knows the Lower East Side of today and yesterday very well. She took us to a very touching historic site, A Greek synagogue with a rich history. It was enjoyable being with someone who was so knowledge about these streets, Orchard, Hester, Eldridge, Broome, and others where so many of us have roots. She knows the shops that are still a part of the street life and their connection to the past. This is a worth while tour! All ages can enjoy this tour.

Reviewed July 26, 2015

Leslie was so knowledgeable of everything to do aboiut the Lower East Side. From synagogues, to tenements, to stores, to food, to history .... to showing us Red Square in the Lower East Side, with its own statue of Lenin! Who would have thought! She knows it all and is very entertaining.

Reviewed July 21, 2015

Leslie is a true New York gem! She is so fun and informative! My husband and I had lots of fun during Sunday Jewish Heritage Fact, Fiction and Fun. we learned a lot, had fun and some yumm and took amazing pictures!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 28, 2015 via mobile

Wow!!!! Professional, knowledgable and lots of energy!

I took the lower east side tour (Fun, Facts and Fiction) today with Leslie.

Leslie is the real deal! She tells stories from experience. It felt like I was taking a tour with my best friend who happens to be a super knowledgable tour guide.

The tour was a balance of history, food, religion, and architecture. Plus visiting some of the new hot spots.

Leslie has lots of energy and very open to questions. She pointed out details you would miss if you just walked by. She took us into places that were authentic and also some new places that were cool.

She is a professional tour guide and it shows. I called her to confirm location that morning to meet and she said she had a tour of 10 and everyone canceled except me due to the rain. She said it looks like you will get a private tour. Which I thought was very professional. Two more people showed up thankfully for her.

I gave her a decent tip at the end as she was so professional from the first email months before to the end of the tour. She then took me to a famous knish store and bought me knish. So nice.

I'm booking a few more tours (Williamsburg and Jewish Harlem)!with her before I leave.

Wonderful!!! 5 stars for sure.