Review Highlights
Second Avenue Subway

Phil was great, very informative. He was very knowlegable and we had a great time. I would... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Wander49868278399
A great tour, especially if the weather is bad

My tour was "Subway Art Tour Four", which visited about ten artworks/stations along the 7th/Lenox... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
localgal920
Brooklyn, New York

All reviews subway art tour greenwich village walking tour great tour guide phil lgbt history nyc subway mosaic art wear comfortable clothes insider's view new york highly recommend this tour rockefeller center hour walk subway station wealth of knowledge on display
Reviewed May 30, 2015

My wife and myself took this tour with Phil Desiere on Tuesday, May 26th, 2015. It was informative, well presented and well paced. We learned a lot and enjoyed it very much. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: May 2015
WalkAboutNY2014, Owner at Walk About New York, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2015

When a gay-themed walking tour is enjoyed by a husband and wife I would say that is a ringing endorsement. Thank you very much.

Reviewed May 24, 2015 via mobile

If you are looking for an informative tour of Central Park this is it! There were 4 people in the group - Phil was an excellent guide. Uses an amplifier so you can hear everything. We saw so many wonderful attractions. Can't wait to do another tour with him!

1  Thank vet270

I am eager to see this New Yorker on another Walk About New York tour. Helping tourists and locals alike appreciate Central Park and other areas of the city is why I founded my walking tour business. It is a pleasure to know I am getting the job done to my guests’ satisfaction.

Reviewed May 3, 2015

Phil Desiere began our tour promptly at 9am from Washington Square, Phil's tour was organized, informative and his interest and enthusiasm in telling about the different points on the tour was well apparent. Enjoyed too how he incorporated using photos on his computer to show how some of the buildings originally looked in years past. A very worthwhile tour.

Date of experience: May 2015

Happy to share my love of New York with someone from the West Coast, and earn their praise. Thank you so much. It really helps.

Reviewed April 27, 2015

EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT… Phil is a remarkable guide who has an enormous amount of knowledge about the park’s history and the surrounding buildings outside of the park. He is very pleasant, interesting and helpful. It is apparent to see how much he loves the city and its impressive history when he injects his personal experiences. To make it easier to hear him he wears a speaker to amplify his voice. He also has an Ipad to show pictures of the area many years ago. I am a lifelong New Yorker and was amazed at how much I learned about the city. I recommended this tour for locals as well as visitors.

Date of experience: April 2015

This enthusiastic review matches my enthusiasm for the Big Apple! Thanks for your help with the two thumbs up!

Reviewed April 27, 2015

My mom and I would like to thank you, Phil (our tour guide), for such a wonderful tour experience we shared this Saturday. Both your Greenwich Village and Central Parks tours that we took on the same day were amazing. You provided us with so much interesting and unique information that we never knew (even though we have lived in NYC for over 20 years), even when it came to certain places that we have been to plenty of times before. Your knowledge of all the areas and insight really showed us that there is still so much more to discover in our own backyard. And I was so happy and excited that the incredible magnolia and Callery pear trees, as well as the azaleas, were in full bloom in Central Park. Their natural beauty created an even more astounding tour experience. You really made this a day my mom and I will always remember and cherish forever. Thank you so much. We look forward to taking more tours with you in the future.

Date of experience: April 2015

Thanks for the kind words; they are much appreciated. I remember the day that this mother and daughter took their tours. The ideal weather helped make their enjoyment of Greenwich Village and Central Park that much better. Hoping to see them on future tours.