Review Highlights
Second Avenue Subway

Phil was great, very informative. He was very knowlegable and we had a great time. I would... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Wander49868278399
A great tour, especially if the weather is bad

My tour was "Subway Art Tour Four", which visited about ten artworks/stations along the 7th/Lenox... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
localgal920
Brooklyn, New York

All reviews subway art tour greenwich village walking tour great tour guide phil lgbt history nyc subway mosaic art wear comfortable clothes insider's view new york highly recommend this tour rockefeller center hour walk subway station wealth of knowledge on display
Reviewed April 14, 2015

We did the squares and circle tour with Phil today and saw so many things that we would normally have walked past without noticing. Phil was very knowledgeable and clearly very passionate about New York and it's amazing history. We wouldn't hesitate in recommending this tour to anyone!

Date of experience: April 2015
WalkAboutNY2014, Owner at Walk About New York, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2015

Thanks for the kind review. I am delighted to learn that Caza12322 enjoyed the tour as much as I enjoyed conducting it! It is a real thrill for me to show off the Big Apple’s many sights to visitors and locals alike.

Reviewed April 12, 2015

Phil was a wonderful guide. Very accomodating. The tour was listed for 9AM but I called and asked if it was given in the afternoon as well. Not normally but after speaking with him on the phone he switched his morning and afternoon hikes and we were able to go. How great was that. I would definitely do another guided hike with Phil. He was very knowledgeable of the area and a nice guy too!

Date of experience: April 2015
WalkAboutNY2014, Manager at Walk About New York, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2015

Thank you for the nice review. I encourage locals to be tourists in the their own backyard. Therefore, it was a pleasure to alter the schedule to accommodate a local “tourist.” Hope to see you on another tour soon.

Reviewed April 4, 2015

My family is visiting New York City in June and we wanted to take the Subway Art Tour due to the glowing reviews. I contacted Phil by email to inquire if the tour would be given in June because I did not see any dates listed. He responded quickly that the subway tour was usually given in the winter because of weather, but if we could agree on a date he would be glad to make an exception! We did agree on a date and time and now we are booked on this tour! I call this outstanding customer service. Thanks Phil for your help and we are looking forward to our Subway Art Tour!

Date of experience: April 2015

I have discovered that, when it is possible, being flexible results in satisfaction all around. Thank you for the review. Eager to show off the subterranean art museum at the core of the Big Apple.

Reviewed March 25, 2015

I had 2 nice walks with Phil, The Circles and Squares walk and the Greenwich Village. Both were great, lots of info, paced very well, and Phil was the perfect guide. I didn't have time to do the Subway Art, but a little of it was covered as we travelled between squares. Next visit, I'll be sure to take that tour.

Date of experience: December 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thanks for nice review. It is gratifying to know that my tours were the ideal introduction to a first-time visitor to New York. Looking forward to showing the reviewer more of the Big Apple on future visits.

Reviewed March 25, 2015

A great way to understand the area & its historical value. Who lived there, how did the area and the buildings developed. It is a leisurely walk. There always a good place to stop for a meal or coffee.

Date of experience: September 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Yes, history & art & the people who made it happen are at the center of Walk About New York’s tours. Thank you, loulou008Canada, for appreciating these important parts of New York; and thanks for the review.