Review Highlights
Second Avenue Subway

Phil was great, very informative. He was very knowlegable and we had a great time. I would... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Wander49868278399
A great tour, especially if the weather is bad

My tour was "Subway Art Tour Four", which visited about ten artworks/stations along the 7th/Lenox... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
localgal920
Brooklyn, New York

All reviews subway art tour greenwich village walking tour great tour guide phil lgbt history nyc subway mosaic art wear comfortable clothes insider's view new york highly recommend this tour rockefeller center hour walk subway station wealth of knowledge on display
Reviewed January 2, 2015

Thanks Phil. I appreciate your in-depth knowledge about the architecture, architects, and art in your city. The tour pace was perfect, distance covered was satisfying, the route was well organized but still had room for flexibility. Thanks for a thoroughly enjoyable Greenwich Village Tour. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: December 2014
WalkAboutNY2014, Owner at Walk About New York, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2015

It is very satisfying to know that tour guests get as much out of Walk About New York’s tours as I do! I really love sharing my hometown—New York, New York—with locals and out-of-towners alike. Thanks for the support and this great review!

Reviewed January 1, 2015

Took the subway art tour: a great way to spend New Year's Day. Phillip really opened my eyes up to artwork I know I have walked past and always wondered about. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: January 2015
WalkAboutNY2014, Owner at Walk About New York, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2015

Thank you for this review. As with all our tours, the Subway Art Tour aims to help locals and visitors to be more attuned to their surroundings, seeing the sights that are in plain sight! Hope to see you another Walk About New York tour soon.

Reviewed December 31, 2014

This is a wonderful way to experience subway art. Most of us race by the mosaics while in transit (or visitors may not know where to go), not realizing how much art exists in subterranean NYC. This was a fun and active way to learn about and witness the countless art from east to west and north to south. Recommended to locals and tourists, alike.

Date of experience: December 2014
WalkAboutNY2014, Owner at Walk About New York, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2015

Thanks for this great review. It is indeed gratifying to know that an aim of our tours is realized: FUN! Yes, the Subway Art Tour (http://walkaboutny.com/the-tours/subway-art-tour/) is good fun, what with its whimsical art and fascinating stories.

Reviewed December 31, 2014

Phil's subway art tour was fun, informative and quite interesting. who knew what treasures and historical tidbits are in nyc subways? Phil..and now me. A lot of walking on this tour but it 's worth it. Beautiful mosaics, whimsy sculpture, famous artists. A great use of your time!

Date of experience: December 2014

Many thanks for the kind review. Yes! A goal of the Subway Art Tour (http://walkaboutny.com/the-tours/subway-art-tour/) is to bring the wit and whimsy of NYC’s underground art gallery to New Yorker and visitors alike. Hope to see you on another tour!

Reviewed December 13, 2014

Phil was fantastic! I have to admit, my friends and I took this tour more for an excuse to get our friend Dian into the subway. She had not been down there since 1973 and it was time. we take these tours of different parts of the city every now and then in the hopes of learning "something" new or interesting. PHIL EXCEEDED OUR EXPECTATIONS! Who knew all that was down there. I'll tell you who...Phil knew! He has an impressive knowledge of art. he knows all the who, whats and wheres but also has lots of great stories that really make the tour interesting and fun and relatable to your own life and what you want to get out of your experience with art. Phil's was one of the best walking tours I've ever taken in NY!!

Date of experience: November 2014
WalkAboutNY2014, Owner at Walk About New York, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2014

Thank you, Joey F. It is reassuring to me that my tours can offer seasoned New Yorkers sights in their own hometown that catch and hold their interest. Thanks for uploading your photos from the Subway Art Tour.